Good movies,,, well there are a few.......

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,171  
The final countdown cool scifi movie with historical components, especially if you were in the military or ww2 military history intrigues you imo.
The Final Countdown https://g.co/kgs/WgXwZ9

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,172  
The final countdown cool scifi movie with historical components, especially if you were in the military or ww2 military history intrigues you imo.
I have enjoyed it several times over the decades. The historical and future consequences aspects is thought provoking. Butterfly effect?

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,173  
I have enjoyed it several times over the decades. The historical and future consequences aspects is thought provoking. Butterfly effect?
Imo thought it was a better movie than some ratings gave it. Perhaps it was released to soon to the end of WW2 at 35 yrs? They did filming on a actual naval ship with scenes of actual naval planes. Somewhat historically accurate minus the "time warp" lol.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,174  
I just saw that again a couple weeks ago. Neat concept.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,175  
Imo thought it was a better movie than some ratings gave it. Perhaps it was released to soon to the end of WW2 at 35 yrs? They did filming on an actual naval ship with scenes of actual naval planes. Somewhat historically accurate minus the "time warp" lol.
The look on the Japanese Zeros pilots face was priceless when he got buzzed by a F-14. Huh??? 😵‍💫

“I repeat, splash the Zeros”.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,176  
Another good one:Last Breath

True story about a deep sea (saturation) dive that went wrong…

Hurry… it leaves Netflix on May 5th

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,177  

Movie Diary: Colossus: The Forbin Project (1970)

April 8, 2015ByBen Lane Hodsonin Movie Diary

Movie Diary: Colossus: The Forbin Project (1970)
Great classic sci-fi flick that has flown under the radar for too long. This would make an awesome double-feature with The Andromeda Strain (1971). The story follows a brilliant inventor who creates a computer (Colossus) that can think and the U.S. government decides to put the computer in charge of all nuclear weapons (because it isn’t encumbered by human emotions). The Russians have another computer as well and the Russian and U.S. computers start talking together and decide to take over the world.
Colossus ends up becoming power hungry and puts all of mankind in jeopardy. He’s truly terrifying. He and HAL (from 2001) would get along great. The film plays to the Cold War fears of the era but as with all great science fiction, also has lots of things to say about the human condition along the way. The ending is especially powerful and thought-provoking.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,179  
I watched 60 Seconds Over Tokyo last night. It was better than I expected and I thought it was pretty realistic in the portrayal of Doolittle’s Raid. The way they showed the raid in the newer Pearl Harbor movie drove me nuts. Alec Baldwin must have screamed “max power” about 6 times in that movie. They never said that and fighter pilots didn’t switch from P40 Warhawks to B25 Mitchel’s either.