Good old chainsaws wanted

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #12  
There is a 1963 Stihl for 100 bucks on a Minnesota craigslist page.

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #13  
If you need small old trim saws. I have some I took in.

If you are into Homelite's these might be right up your alley. Trade me something or make a offer in PM.
I'm just not into getting into another saw brand.

XL was traded in by original owner. Got this one running and cut with it for some test cuts. Might need a carb kit down the road but was able to start it normally after carb adjustments. Just needed carb adjusted for now. Primer bulb is cracked all over on top of the fuel cap, but is not needed. 2 Jackson's

XL2 came in from a friend with red case and paper work where bought new. Metal cased bought new in 1980. The duck bill checks out in fuel tank. Runs on mix squirt down carb for as long as you feed it.

Just needs carb kit, fuel line. Since I can squirt mix in carb to start and keep running as I squirt mix in. Diaphragm is stiff and wont draw fuel. Mise well replace other lines while your at it.

I tore it down to see if I was right on carb kit. Yep. Not putting back together, just boxing and shelving it. 1 Jackson

homelite002.jpghomelite005.jpgxl2005_zps536eacea.jpgxl2002_zps6ec695b1.jpgxl11111.jpgxl111.jpg

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #14  
ShearHeadMS,

Here's a pic of my "antique" Sears saw:
100_0064.jpg

/ Good old chainsaws wanted
Lets just say when me and my family go fishing next time we will have plenty of boat anchors haha! Sorry it took so long to get back with yall

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #16  
They should be worth their weight in scrap metal anyhow. Thanks for getting back to the folks.

/ Good old chainsaws wanted
Hahaha scrap is what I did to my dozer, these are going on the wall in my cabin

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #18  
SH

I have 3 old McCullough's, various stages of disrepair. 2.0 engines w/16" bars (3) different models. Pay the shipping and they are yours. Soon they and some other derelict small engine stuff are going to the recycler. When you have to pay $200 for a part for an item you can buy new at $300 they get shoved out by the new.

Ron

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #19  
I just gave away my old 1992 Stihl and a Craftsman, because I can no longer use them with an ICD implant (defib plus pacemaker). We use 18v B&D ones now and hire anyone to do bigger stuff.

/ Good old chainsaws wanted #20  
I am a sucker for older chainsaws on CraigsList. I picked up this Poulan 4000 Professional
for $50 a few weeks ago. Not running, but it is a pro saw with 2 piston rings. Old
enough to be mostly magnesium instead of plastic, yet new enough to have electronic
ignition. This one is an '87 model with 24" bar and 65ccs, manual oiler, and no chain brake.

After a full rebuild, it runs great.

Attachments

• Poulan4000_1.jpg
    Poulan4000_1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 210