Good price for this mower???

/ Good price for this mower??? #1  

ENC

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4600
What do you all think would be a good price for this mower? I would think it would need a set of belts minimum.

/ Good price for this mower??? #2  
   / Good price for this mower??? #3  
Before spending your hard earned on this one, do this... Call a Woods dealer and ask the prices and availability of:
spindle bearings, spindle seals, belt(s), wheels, spindle shafts, spindle assemblies, blades. Also, ask the dealer what they would charge you to remove and rebuild all spindles.
Those prices will probably be a lot of money. I bought a much better looking mower about 4 years ago and it required new spindle bearings. Unfortunately, these were hard to come by and the job was a pain. So, my 600 dollar mower turned into a 900 dollar mower by the time I was done. Would have been better off to spend a little more and get something better. A mower that is not stored indoors will be ruined in short order. The mower in the picture is a rust bucket.
Also, I would not buy a mower with only two gauge wheels. A finish mower needs 4 wheels and a floating 3 pt hitch. Much easier to control mowing height and prevent scalping.
I see that you have an L4600. You should be able to run a 90" finish mower if you can find one. If you have a lot of grass to cut, that will get it done quickly. Larger mowers are built much heavier, as well.
Good luck.