Good Source for Kubota Parts?

/ Good Source for Kubota Parts? #1  

cray54

I've had Nissan vehicles for a while, and I know the best places to get OEM parts at reduced prices (And it was never my local dealer).

I just got my first Kubota mower and I'm wondering - is there a best place to get OEM replacement parts at lower prices? The local dealer seems to be right at MSRP and I'm not sure if that is typical or not.

Thank you, Chris

/ Good Source for Kubota Parts? #2  
Messick's can serve you on line. They deal in oem parts for a number of brands. I have not purchased Kubota parts from them, I just go to the local dealer.

/ Good Source for Kubota Parts? #3  
Kubota is pretty stringent on dealers not selling much below MSRP. Messicks and Coleman equipment both have strong online stores for Kubota parts. However the price will most likely not be much if at all lower than your local dealer, and you have to pay for shipping. OEM dealers also do not have a high margin on parts, most make money on service, parts and sales are just part of the business. Your best bet is to become buddys with the parts guy at your local dealer, if your not in a hurry they will put the part on a stock order so you don't pay freight, making it cheaper than the online stores.

/ Good Source for Kubota Parts? #4  
The last two times Ive had Barlows order parts they came in cheaper than Messicks and no shipping charges.

/ Good Source for Kubota Parts? #5  
Buy from your local dealer. Be glad they stock your parts. Thank them for being there for you.

If you really want to save money sell the tractor and move into a city condo.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Good Source for Kubota Parts?
Buy from your local dealer. Be glad they stock your parts. Thank them for being there for you.

If you really want to save money sell the tractor and move into a city condo.

I understand the sentiment, but the local dealer is a $25 round trip away (Plus time); and I'm a casual user not a commercial user.

If pricing is pretty consistent as others have suggested, I'll favor the local dealer but likely have them ship the parts to me.

/ Good Source for Kubota Parts? #7  
I understand the sentiment, but the local dealer is a $25 round trip away (Plus time); and I'm a casual user not a commercial user.

If pricing is pretty consistent as others have suggested, I'll favor the local dealer but likely have them ship the parts to me.
These are first world problems. We all make lifestyle choices.The reality is everything has a cost and someone has to pay for it somewhere or another. Jeff Bezos screws his employees, contractors and vendors so you can have "free shipping" and he can burn money flying rocket ships.

/ Good Source for Kubota Parts? #8  
I just got my first Kubota mower and I'm wondering - is there a best place to get OEM replacement parts at lower prices? The local dealer seems to be right at MSRP and I'm not sure if that is typical or not.
I've discovered finding a lower price on the part isn't as important as finding an honest shipping cost. The last time I bought a part, which was a dust nipple for the air cleaner housing, the part was $6, shipping was $15, Messicks. The part was shipped USPS standard rate.

I typically get the few parts I need from my local dealer at the same price as online but with no inflated shipping charges.

/ Good Source for Kubota Parts?
So, I contacted my local dealer to get some parts figuring I would start there based on the comments.

The local dealer prices were 1.0% lower than Messick's, so functionally the same. As others have suggested, there doesn't appear to be any real benefit to shopping around for OEM Kubota parts. Thank you for the feedback - it is nice to know I can purchase parts relatively nearby without significant cost implications.

That said, the dealer told me they don't have them in stock; and that I should contact Messick's.