Good way to remove the jerkiness of raising an implement on my Kioti LK30?

/ Good way to remove the jerkiness of raising an implement on my Kioti LK30? #1  

SylvainG

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti LK30
So, following this thread I started that brought me to this thread, would that work to remove the jerkiness of raising my blower?

By adding this (16 gpm) Pressure Compensated Adjustable Flow Controls inline between the pump and 3PH Position Control Valve

MeS7lA8.png

Thanks

/ Good way to remove the jerkiness of raising an implement on my Kioti LK30? #2  
Hmmmm - interesting idea. My first tractor - brand new Ford 1700 4WD, 1982. At about year six of ownership, it developed this "jerky" behavior when raising implements. Long story, short - the hydraulics had somehow developed entrapped air. I sat on the running tractor - 1400rpm - raised and lowered my rear blade - for half an hour. Slowly it got better and at the end it was back to normal. It only happened that one time in 27 years of ownership.

I've not experience this condition on my 2009 Kubota M6040.

I was told by a mechanic that it was entrapped air. I'm not so sure that it might have been something caught in one of the hydraulic valves that finally got flushed out.

/ Good way to remove the jerkiness of raising an implement on my Kioti LK30? #3  
It does sound like air in the system, I had a similar thing on my boom lift. It should purge itself, so generally that means there is a leak on the suction side somewhere that's allowing air to get into the pump. Have you done anything on the suction side of the system like change the hydraulic filter or replaced any suction hoses? After you work the machine for awhile, check the hydraulic fluid and see if there's any foaming, that would help confirm an air leak. Has the valve ever worked smoothly or is this just a recent problem with the jerkiness?

/ Good way to remove the jerkiness of raising an implement on my Kioti LK30?
A snow blower with a hydraulic actuated chute was installed when I got the tractor so I don't know how it went before. When I bought it, the backhoe was installed. Well, if it's air and got in when the blower was installed, it would make thing less expensive :) To bleed, I simply run the pistons to their full extend and back a few times or is there something else?

/ Good way to remove the jerkiness of raising an implement on my Kioti LK30? #5  
To bleed, I simply run the pistons to their full extend and back a few times or is there something else?
Yes, just cycle everything 5 or 10 times, that should purge the air. That includes cycling the 3pt. If you have any way to look into the oil reservoir, you could check for any foaming or bubbles. If not just check the dipstick after you run it awhile. If you have an inspection camera, you might be able to put that into the fill opening or dipstick hole to get a look at the oil in the transmission.

Thanks. I do have an inspection camera but not sure how it will handle oil. It's basically designed to look inside walls, not much oil there.

When I looked at the transmission oil level eyelet at the dealer, it was mid eyelet. When I checked the other day, I don't think I saw any oil touching the eyelet (it's either that or was filled above the eyelet, which I doubt would happen by itself). I'm pretty sure I'm not losing oil because I don't see any oil drops in the snow so I think the level dropped because some oil went into the empty blowers tubing, motor and valve. I bought a 5L of Shell Spirax X4 TXM oil today (that's what the dealer filled it with) to add (a bit at a time) to see if I'll see it climb up the eyelet.

/ Good way to remove the jerkiness of raising an implement on my Kioti LK30? #7  
Sylvain
Does the blower bounce up and down when raised like system is spongy or when raised if you push down on blower does system seem spongy? If yes then this would also point towards air in cylinder.

I have rad where some models of Kubota had issues with 3 point being jerky but not sure Kioti have this concern or not.

Your installation of flow control will control how fast the 3 point raises but no clue on how much this will dampen the jerkiness.

Good luck in finding a solution

I'll be at the cottage tomorrow and I'll check. We got about 6 inches of wet snow that will probably harden over the night. We'll see how the tractor/blower will handle that. So far, I've only blew dry cold, fluffy snow, so it was easy.

/ Good way to remove the jerkiness of raising an implement on my Kioti LK30? #9  
When I looked at the transmission oil level eyelet at the dealer, it was mid eyelet.
That's helpful if you have an eyelet, look at it after running for awhile and see if you notice any air bubbles. I would not expect to see any bubbles as long as you aren't operating any hydraulics while you're looking. Depending how things are plumbed, when oil is returning to tank it's possible there could be some agitation that could create air bubbles if the eyelet happens to be in a spot where you would notice that, but if you aren't using the hydraulics the fluid should be clear of bubbles.

You can add dye to hydraulic fluid to make it more visible. I've thought about doing it because even on my dipstick I can't tell where it is.

That's an interesting idea. What can of dye can you use?