Goodyear recalls Wrangler Silent Armor tires

/ Goodyear recalls Wrangler Silent Armor tires #3  
I was considering these tires for my wife's Tahoe. Sure glad I chose the LTX M/S2's (Michelin) instead.

/ Goodyear recalls Wrangler Silent Armor tires #5  
You won't go wrong with the LTXs. I have a set with 54,000 miles and still have 8/32 left. Great in the snow and rain.

/ Goodyear recalls Wrangler Silent Armor tires #6  
Note that this is for tires sold back in 2009, not stock currently on the rack. The recall is for a batch of 47000 tires, that's about 11,750 vehicles if all the tires were bought in sets of four.

/ Goodyear recalls Wrangler Silent Armor tires #7  
Note that this is for tires sold back in 2009, not stock currently on the rack. The recall is for a batch of 47000 tires, that's about 11,750 vehicles if all the tires were bought in sets of four.
Didn't the report state that the tires that are being recalled were made in 2009? The tires were made in 2009 and could have set at the local dealer's for a long time before being sold. Just a thought? I bought a set of four in April 2011. i called my Dealer and he was unaware of any recall. He told me that he would keep me informed.

/ Goodyear recalls Wrangler Silent Armor tires #8  
Hmm. I have a set of 5 Silent Armors. Probably have about 50 - 60 k on them. They've been great tires, but I look into the recall.

/ Goodyear recalls Wrangler Silent Armor tires #9  
Didn't the report state that the tires that are being recalled were made in 2009? The tires were made in 2009 and could have set at the local dealer's for a long time before being sold. Just a thought? I bought a set of four in April 2011. i called my Dealer and he was unaware of any recall. He told me that he would keep me informed.

True, it did state that. It is possible that there are still tires out there in 2011 that had not sold yet, but from my time working for Goodyear (many years ago), I don't remember tires sitting around that long. We had a good stock of tires (about 500 at all times) and they turned over pretty quickly? But they all have date codes (even back in the 70s) so its not a problem to tell when and where they were made. They can be traced all the way down to the mold number of the machine that made them.