Google CHROME installed without my consent.

/ Google CHROME installed without my consent. #1  

jeff9366

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3,700 pounds bare tractor, 5,400 pounds operating weight, 37 horsepower
The last ten days or so I have been having "issues" with erratic posts on T-B-N.

I discussed the issues with Muhammad. He suggested it was an issue with my browser, SAFARI.

This afternoon I closed down my Apple Air completely for fifteen minutes. When I turned it back on ----- there was Google CHROME, installed.

CHROME installation is an invasion of my property, which I resent.

Is Google using T-B-N as a portal?

Anyone else in my situation?

Last edited:
   / Google CHROME installed without my consent. #2  
Google can be very tricky in my experience in that you can click on something, and they’ll be some little question thats hard to see that says if you continue, it will install Chrome.

My guess is that you clicked something somewhere to consent to install it without realizing it

Not a big deal though - you should be able to uninstall it easily.

I actually did download it on my iPhone. Can’t remember exactly why - some website i needed to use would only work with Chrome, if i recall.

/ Google CHROME installed without my consent. #4  
DDG over Chrome gives me the best of both.

/ Google CHROME installed without my consent. #5  
I've been using Chrome for years with much success. I can't stand that Microsoft is pushing Edge as the default browser and I have to keep over-riding it!

/ Google CHROME installed without my consent. #6  
The only real problem with Chrome is that Google is insidious with your personal data. Tracking, selling and using its platform to influence how you view the world.

/ Google CHROME installed without my consent. #7  
Bing is another Microsoft product that I despise. The opening page is full of "news" about celebrities, fashion and the latest tragic deaths of musicians.

Smh.....

/ Google CHROME installed without my consent. #8  
Chrome automatically installing itself should be the least concerning thing that can automatically install on your PC

/ Google CHROME installed without my consent. #9  
I've been using Chrome for years with much success. I can't stand that Microsoft is pushing Edge as the default browser and I have to keep over-riding it!
You can go into the settings menu on Chrome (3 lines in upper right?) and change Chrome to your default browser which will over ride the Edge default from here on in.

But...if you would like the speed of Chrome without giving your life's info to Google, use Brave browser. It is Chrome based but VERY private and secure. Doesn't collect any of your browsing info. My 2¢

/ Google CHROME installed without my consent. #10  
Bing is another Microsoft product that I despise. The opening page is full of "news" about celebrities, fashion and the latest tragic deaths of musicians.

Smh.....
Change your default search to Duck Duck Go and all of that crap goes away. And your search remains private.