Gooseneck adapter build.

/ Gooseneck adapter build. #1  

Shield Arc

Tractor
John Deere, 4200
Seems a little slow around here:confused:. So I Thought I'd post some pictures of a gooseneck adapter I built a few years ago. This is the second one I've built. I built a lighter version for a friend a few years before this one. The base is 8-inch I-beams. The gooseneck is 12-inch I-beams. The trailer pulls perfect.:cool:

Attachments

• A Post 1.jpg
    A Post 1.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 334
  • A Post 2.jpg
    A Post 2.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 318
  • A Post 3.jpg
    A Post 3.jpg
    431.6 KB · Views: 304
  • A Post 4.jpg
    A Post 4.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 342
  • A Post 5.jpg
    A Post 5.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 285
  • A Post 6.jpg
    A Post 6.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 270
  • A Post 7.jpg
    A Post 7.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 422
  • A Post 8.jpg
    A Post 8.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 298
  • A Post 9.jpg
    A Post 9.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 363
   / Gooseneck adapter build. #2  
I like it, I went back and forth on trailers before deciding on bumper pull...

/ Gooseneck adapter build.
This is the best of both worlds. I haven't removed the gooseneck adapter since I built it. My buddy takes his off all the time. He just uses his tractor to pull it off, and sit it out of the way.
Here is a picture of my buddy's trailer.

Attachments

• Jacks trailer.jpg
    Jacks trailer.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 284
   / Gooseneck adapter build. #4  
You've posted pictures of those before, I was intrigued by them then, as I am now... I like my current BP deckover, and plan to copy your design when I get a GN hitch...

/ Gooseneck adapter build. #5  
How much does it weigh?

/ Gooseneck adapter build.
I couldn't remember if I posted pictures of these trailers or not.:confused:
This really helps when building things like these gooseneck adapters.
My 8-year old granddaughter, (now 23-years old) did the layout, cutting, welding, and rigging. All I did was run the tractor to install the beams in the air.;)

Attachments

• Span.jpg
    Span.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 236
  • Truck beam.JPG
    Truck beam.JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 218
   / Gooseneck adapter build. #8  
You've posted pictures of those before, I was intrigued by them then, as I am now... I like my current BP deckover, and plan to copy your design when I get a GN hitch...

/ Gooseneck adapter build. #9  
Seems a little slow around here:confused:. So I Thought I'd post some pictures of a gooseneck adapter I built

I agree things are slow. I'm puzzled by this, why are there so few projects on "Build it Yourself"? What can be done to encourage members to post? Are they afraid to post? Do they think they will get a beat-down if their project is not better than store-bought?

Well if there's REALLY nobody building stuff anymore, then lets see more Re-Posts of old stuff.

Shield Arc, I'm glad you showed this adapter --->separated<--- from it's ball-hitch trailer. I saw this a couple years ago and never comprehended that it was an ADAPTER, even thought it was in the title. This is the kind of thing you CANNOT buy, it only happens on "Build-it-Yourself".

/ Gooseneck adapter build. #10  
I just read back over the last 30 days of build it yourself posts. I would say about 25% receive some pretty stiff comments. But it does not seem to be counterproductive folks either accept or disregard and get on with their build. So get back to work on that ripper let us see the final product! It will be the first lobster red ripper and that needs to be documented!

There is plenty of room on TBN for all approaches even if something doesn't work we can learn.