Gordon Ramsays Hamburgers

/ Gordon Ramsays Hamburgers
I don't eat seafood but SWMBO would love it, no BBQ today as we have a total fire ban.

/ Gordon Ramsays Hamburgers #22  
So your rains were a temporary recess from the fire danger? Bummer.

/ Gordon Ramsays Hamburgers #23  
I very rarely eat seafood.

/ Gordon Ramsays Hamburgers
A couple of hundred kilometers can make all the difference, we are in for a 4 day blast furnace then dropping off rapidly with rain, inland is hot but it is that time of year, fires are still going but not as bad at the moment but with the predicted cool change expect more dry strikes, such is life.

/ Gordon Ramsays Hamburgers #25  
Thought I would give it a try and was not disappointed:
1/2lb Brisket
1/2 lb Chuck
2oz frozen butter grated.

Combine all three quickly and form into patties/burgers, sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper and rub with olive oil, grill on high heat for about 5 minutes a side, put on a slice of cheese for the last 2 minutes and serve on a toasted bun with mayo, lettuce, tomato and fried onion.
Simple but was really good, pretty much just meat and the butter gives it the fat content and adds flavour with a 'U' because we are in Australia.
Easy way to do the onion, cut a slice, coat with oil and put on the grill, turn once, lift off with tongs and it will separate into rings.
Not claiming this recipe and it can be found on Youtube but thought it worth sharing because it is so easy and tastes really good.

I prefer good old fashion Bobby Flay style burgers. I actually tried Bobbys and Gordans and hands down Bobbys always win in my household.

/ Gordon Ramsays Hamburgers #26  
I like this:

Ingredients

2 Lbs Ground Beef
1 Packet Onion Soup (or onion/mushroom) Mix, Dry
1/4 Cup Water
Hamburger Buns

Instructions

In a large bowl combine ground beef, onion soup mix, and water.
Form the beef into patties, this should make 8 patties.
Place on the CHARCOAL GRILL or stovetop in a skillet on medium heat.
Next, cook on both sides about 10 minutes each or until well done or until your preference at least 165 degrees.
Serve with your favorite toppings.

/ Gordon Ramsays Hamburgers #27  
I like this:

Ingredients

2 Lbs Ground Beef
1 Packet Onion Soup (or onion/mushroom) Mix, Dry
1/4 Cup Water
Hamburger Buns

Instructions

In a large bowl combine ground beef, onion soup mix, and water.
Form the beef into patties, this should make 8 patties.
Place on the CHARCOAL GRILL or stovetop in a skillet on medium heat.
Next, cook on both sides about 10 minutes each or until well done or until your preference at least 165 degrees.
Serve with your favorite toppings.

Looks good other than the 165 degree part. I like mine about 135 (beef). I would always add onion soup mix and finely diced green pepper to ground turkey, to make nice juicy turkey burgers.

/ Gordon Ramsays Hamburgers #28  
Being lactose intolerant, seeing butter in a hamburger recipe kinda irks me.
I think using good meat with enough fat would be enough not to use this shortcut.
now 2LC that recipe sounds tasty!
Fresh , not frozen, I vote for that, meat around here has been pretty bad lately, maybe back of the warehouse "aged" meat :-(

/ Gordon Ramsays Hamburgers #29  
oh GAWD, hamburger to 165? Not unless its mostly pork or mixed with chicken. 135 is optimal....beyond that you got meat loaf not a hamburger.

/ Gordon Ramsays Hamburgers #30  
oh GAWD, hamburger to 165? Not unless its mostly pork or mixed with chicken. 135 is optimal....beyond that you got meat loaf not a hamburger.

Actually, I have cooked these on the grill a lot, and I have never used a thermometer. I like mine just a tad pink in the middle. Sharn Jean made some hamburger steaks the other night like this, only a bit larger patties, and she added some chopped onion and a dash of garlic powder to the mix. Some brown gravy, some Betty Crocker garlic mashed potatoes...preceeded by a Bud Light...and it was great! Cooked on the grill.