Got a grapple, installed my diverter today.

/ Got a grapple, installed my diverter today. #42  
Your diverter install looks very similar to mine, except mine is 90 degrees clockwise of yours.

Are you sure about your regen dump? Just seems hard to believe. What about "fixing" the regen problem on the tractor?

/ Got a grapple, installed my diverter today.
The regen is not a problem on the tractor. And yes I am sure that is how it is. Its a common kubota thing.

Think about it......with a standard bucket......why do you need alot of power to dump? And if you read cycle time specs, it actually dumps (extends the cylinders) faster than roll back. So yea, that kinda confirms it is regen. It takes 1.9 seconds to go from full curl to full dump. It takes 2.4 seconds to curl back. Without regen, the dump time would double and/or it would try to dump faster than the pump can fill the cylinder....which results in floppy-bucket syndrome that we hear so much complaining about here on TBN.

On my old L3400, there was a 4th position of the valve for dump. Pushing right was regen first, then keep pushing the stick right was full power. And I NEVER used it. So I can see why kubota did away with it.

It only causes an issue when using a diverter off the curl circuit. Works fine off the lift circuit, and a 3rd function would also be fine. So I swapped lines to run off the lift.....there is nothing to fix and works as it should.

/ Got a grapple, installed my diverter today. #44  
I have a front mount blower (L3940) that uses a hydraulic motor to spin the chute.
going one direction (right?) is harder than left because I have to go past the regen.
Took me quite a while to understand WTF was going on.

Anyway......it's a problem for a grapple diverter *AND* a snowblower.
I suppose the MX5100, being much larger, doesn't have a front blower option, thus the regen-only.

How does it work, intuitively, with the lift diversion? It's pretty natural, for me, with the curl diversion.

How does it work, intuitively, with the lift diversion? It's pretty natural, for me, with the curl diversion.

I actually like it better.

/ Got a grapple, installed my diverter today. #46  
I actually like it better.

Well what do you think of grapple ownership so far? Do you think you will have much use for it in your operations?

Well what do you think of grapple ownership so far? Do you think you will have much use for it in your operations?

I can forsee it coming in real handy cutting firewood. As well as moving a whole hosts of other things. I used it to clamp onto the rear blade and move it out of the shop:thumbsup: Beats getting off and chaining to it....then have it swinging around.

I ahve wanted a grapple for a long time, just wasnt willing to sink the money into the L3400 to get it, without having SSQA, limited capacity, no hydraulics up front, and knowing that tractor was only temporary and I wanted an upgrade.

I like the forks too. Much better visibility than the clamp on forks. But I still got the clamp on forks and the BH if I get something I cannot lift. Got a wood boiler project. Huge firebox and huge water jacket. Sitting on a 150# oak skid. Every bit of 1800-2000# total, and load center 3' in front of the bucket. No surprise I couldnt lift it with clamp on forks on the MX. When we get back to working on it, gonna have to try the pallet forks. Loosing the dead bucket weight, and getting the load closer.....should have no issues. But If it cant, Thats what the 5500 is for. Probably wouldnt find any tractor under 100HP that can lift what it can....and be as stable.

/ Got a grapple, installed my diverter today. #48  
Yeah, the grapple is not something I use every day, but when you need one, there is no substitute. I used it for both rocks and tree limbs and brush. I still use the forks too, but just for pallets now. It is so handy to have the store just load a partial pallet of topsoil or something with their forktruck and I can just unload it with my tractor when I get home. It saves so much work and sweat.

/ Got a grapple, installed my diverter today. #49  
Bought a set of forks a month ago. Used, $200. Didn't think I'd use them much but the price was right. I've used them several times already. Good purchase. :)

Was looking for a few months. Just nothing coming up used. The ones that were were forks only....no ssqa frame. And we're going for $200-$250. By the time I built a frame, and made is ssqa....might as well just buy new