Price Check Got a price quote on new/used JD 4710

/ Got a price quote on new/used JD 4710 #1  

fjcruiser

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 5083E Kubota RTV X900
This is my first post on this website. I have been lurking for quite a long time, gathering as much info. as I can on all of the tractor lines.
I have gotten a price quote from our local JD dealer on a "new" JD 4710 reverser. Tractor has 240 hours on it.
Included in the quote is a new 460 FEL, HD front bucket and calcium in rear tires, 6' Frontier box scraper and LX6 rotary cutter (I will probably get the MX6).
Price quoted was $25, 207 for all of the above (tractor and attachments).
Thanks for any input.
Steve

/ Got a price quote on new/used JD 4710 #2  
I was at a large farm auction outside of Indianapolis last Friday. A 4710 with about 140 hours on it, 460 loader, and the reverser tranny sold for $20,500. It was in nice shape. That gives you an idea of wholesale pricing. I paid attention because of my 4710.

J.

/ Got a price quote on new/used JD 4710 #3  
That sounds reasonable but I would make them give you the mx6 for that price. Not a great deal but not bad supposing the tractor is perfect.

/ Got a price quote on new/used JD 4710 #4  
I think it's too high. I could buy a brand new 4720 for that price. It would have hydro on all even though I'm not a fan of hydro but all you can get on 4720.

The box scraper is probably around $400 and the rotary cutter about $1200.

/ Got a price quote on new/used JD 4710 #5  
You know now that I think about it that does seem kinda overpriced. The tractor with loader should sell for 21000 if it is perfect and already has filled tires. Then 2200-2400 for implements. I sold my 4710 with hydro and loader and several custom options for 21500-22500 I don't remember. It had 380 hours on it. So I would probably hold off on that acquisistion

/ Got a price quote on new/used JD 4710
Thanks for the input guys. Hopefully the dealer will be willing to work on the price a bit.
Steve

/ Got a price quote on new/used JD 4710 #7  
I am jumping in late here. It seems a bit high but negotiate it as a package.

If you are going to use the box scraper much you might want to see if they will swap it out with a heavier one such as a Gearmore or see if they will throw Top N Tilt on there for free.

Nice tractor though.....
Mark