Got asked to bid a very unusual project

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project
You are going to die .

Uh huh. :rolleyes:
If I was scared to get out of bed like you, that would be the same as being dead, but it would be a lot slower death.

Last edited:
   / Got asked to bid a very unusual project #252  
I haven't read ALL of the comments,but have you thought about a boom lift? Some have a 90' reach, can accommodate 3 men and be operated from the basket. Just a possibility

Last edited:
   / Got asked to bid a very unusual project #253  
Downstream picture. The river splits into two smaller rivers to go around a large sandbar “island”. Much shallower, too.

View attachment 849256
If it's shallow and slow downstream at that split, maybe station someone or a net across the river to catch any strays that get away from you.

Just don't tie your body off to anything in moving water. You probably know that. ;)

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #254  

Attachments

• AF32AE86-27D2-420E-A225-007DA3CE4FF9.jpeg
    AF32AE86-27D2-420E-A225-007DA3CE4FF9.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 457
I think we’re approaching this point.

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #255  

Attachments

• AF32AE86-27D2-420E-A225-007DA3CE4FF9.jpeg
    AF32AE86-27D2-420E-A225-007DA3CE4FF9.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 457
I think we’re approaching this point.
I wonder if that stick floats? I know dead horses do. For a while, at least.

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #256  
HD can this job wait for accommodating water temperatures and possibly lower water levels?
It might be a nice job in between hay cuttings. 😉

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #257  
No access with cranes, trucks, equipment.
A guy walking out there with a rope, ladder, etc they are not going to say much.

Sorry for cornfusion.
I guess it really depends on the status of the bridge. Is it even something that can safely be walked on? Are the rails and ties still there and intact?

That gets back to my earlier suggestion of a small jib crane. Just big enough to pull a grapple across the river and drop it in place, but not designed for taking any real weight. But, enough that you could have someone working the pile from above. Also a setup that you could have a safety harness on anybody that climbs on to the pile.

I'm still curious about everything around the site. There is some kind of a museum. How populated of an area?

Perhaps this is a candidate for a rails to trails project. For some reason foot bridges can be very popular.

I guess it really depends on the status of the bridge. Is it even something that can safely be walked on? Are the rails and ties still there and intact?

That gets back to my earlier suggesting with a small jib crane. Just big enough to pull a grapple across the river and drop it in place, but not designed for taking any weight. But, enough that you could have someone working the pile from above. Also a setup that you could have a safety harness on anybody that climbs on to the pile.

I'm still curious about everything around the site. There is some kind of a museum. How populated of an area?

Perhaps this is a candidate for a rails to trails project. For some reason foot bridges can be very popular.
The rails are still there but the ties are rotted. It’s unsafe for people to walk on, but it can be done.
Yes, there’s a large Museum there and care must be taken. Little to no population. It’s rural.
There is a plan in the future for a walking trail to connect this museum to a future museum in the planning stages about a mile up the tracks.

Your’s truly will be bidding that job, too.

But first, we have to get the mess cleaned up and the water flowing freely again.

HD can this job wait for accommodating water temperatures and possibly lower water levels?
It might be a nice job in between hay cuttings. 😉

Now yer talkin’!

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #260  
Here's a similar thing but on a MUCH smaller scale. Growing up our 2 acre lake had a small island near inlet...we could row a boat around it. It got overgrown with trees & bushes so I decided at 15yo to cut everything. Now it was a mess. My grandfather cut a bicycle frame making a giant hook, cable & winch other end.
We could throw it over winching everything to shore.
Wondering if something could be rigged up to cable pull junk to shore.