Got me a new deckover. How'd I do?

/ Got me a new deckover. How'd I do? #1  

motownbrowne

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota mx4700 HST, New Holland TC-29D
About 4 times per year I've needed to borrow a skid steer trailer from my neighbor. He's got several and is always happy to let me take it. I return it with beer and helped him change out the tires on it last year (I offered to buy the tires, but he refused).

Well, i figured that if I need it that often I should just buy one. Then my buddy convinced me that I should get a deck over if at all possible. I looked around and didn't find anything I could afford until I found this one. It's about 5 years old. Rated at 14,000# 22' flat deck. Good rubber.

I paid $2800. Whatcha think, did I do alright? rps20161214_140148.jpg

/ Got me a new deckover. How'd I do? #2  
I'm guessing you got the ramps with it so I think you did good. Check out the brakes real good to make sure they work well.
I looked for years for a 14K 22' tilt bed to replace my 7K 20' tilt bed. Couldn't find any used 10,12, or 14K tilt bed or not so bought a new PJ tilt bed 22' (actual 23'9" deck) 14k but not a deck over. It serves my purposes well.

/ Got me a new deckover. How'd I do? #3  
Do I see pallets ganging up on your new to you trailer? Looks like they are checking it out.

/ Got me a new deckover. How'd I do?
I'm guessing you got the ramps with it so I think you did good. Check out the brakes real good to make sure they work well.
I looked for years for a 14K 22' tilt bed to replace my 7K 20' tilt bed. Couldn't find any used 10,12, or 14K tilt bed or not so bought a new PJ tilt bed 22' (actual 23'9" deck) 14k but not a deck over. It serves my purposes well.

Yep, got me some ramps with it too. The guy I bought it from actually was selling it because he replaced with a 22' PJ tilting deckover. Sounds pretty slick, but a ways out of my price range.
Do I see pallets ganging up on your new to you trailer? Looks like they are checking it out.

Oh yes, they're building up over here. I managed to get them out of the fields, but it's hard to keep them in one place...

/ Got me a new deckover. How'd I do? #5  
Check dates on tires and regrease the bearings. I think you did good. What condition is the wood on the deck?

/ Got me a new deckover. How'd I do? #6  
Other than the height I can't image not buying the deck over style for hauling equipment. My only exception is the mowing utility trailer's. Looks like you got a good deal.

/ Got me a new deckover. How'd I do? #7  
About 4 times per year I've needed to borrow a skid steer trailer from my neighbor. He's got several and is always happy to let me take it. I return it with beer and helped him change out the tires on it last year (I offered to buy the tires, but he refused).

Well, i figured that if I need it that often I should just buy one. Then my buddy convinced me that I should get a deck over if at all possible. I looked around and didn't find anything I could afford until I found this one. It's about 5 years old. Rated at 14,000# 22' flat deck. Good rubber.

I paid $2800. Whatcha think, did I do alright?View attachment 491572

I think you done good.

/ Got me a new deckover. How'd I do? #9  
Looks like a bargain to me. Well done.

/ Got me a new deckover. How'd I do? #10  
Glad you got yourself a trailer. Hope it serves you well.