got my bota today

/ got my bota today #1  

trotter13

I got my bota today and did something dopey. I drove around for about 15 min. cutting the lawn and didn't notice the sales men left the parking brake on, DUH! I was wondring why I was not getting any power. Think I screwed anything up? Smelled some burning, but the tractor worked fine after that.

/ got my bota today #2  
Welcome aboard,

Just a little brake lining. You only need the brake for a park brake or if your in two wheel drive and it runs away on a hill.
I've done the same thiing. There should be some kind of brake light to warn you its on.
Better check the brake on a hill to make sure they still work.
What model did you get?
Bx2200-(Altered,-Crop).jpg

Winnipeg, Manitoba
freebie-maple-leaf.gif

2001 BX2200 (15 hrs) All Kubota FEL,Tiller, box blade, blower w/elec shute, 60 mid mt deck, Ag tires.
Grey market B7000 w/Tiller (120 hrs)
1984 JD 316 after 687 hrs.

/ got my bota today #3  
Welcome,

90% of new owners leave the brake on by mistake, and the other 10% don't admit it.

Next up, forgetting about the ROPS and "pruning" some branches.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by gomez on 07/10/01 08:39 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ got my bota today #4  
Trust me, an idiot light for the parking brake doesn't help much. I've got one and left it on probably as much as everyone else. Congrats on the new tractor /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif

/ got my bota today
got the b2710 hst, 4wd,fel 402, bush hog rear finish, bx 600 brush hog box blade.

/ got my bota today #6  
That's a mighty popular model. Welcome to TBN!

Don't worry about the brakes. They don't get used much otherwise, except when we forget about unsetting the parking brake... /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

The GlueGuy

/ got my bota today #7  
Question:
Why do you think adjusting the parking breaks is part of the 50 hour maintenance recommended by Kubota.

Answer:
Because everybody does exactly what you did and usually more than once.

Good Luck with the tractor!

bruce

/ got my bota today #8  
We are all a little loopy on delivery day......When my wife got home the day mine came, she said, "I guess the tractor came today or are you just happy to see me"

copierguy

/ got my bota today #9  
Seems like I do it once every time I get on my 2910. Funny how it's ok when I do it but bugs me if someone else does it when they're moving it out of the way or something.

Trotter, where by chance are you located, your bio didn't say?

Leef

/ got my bota today
Leef,I bought a house in PA last Octember(That's what some Polish lady called it one time). I work on Long Island, I stay here the weekends until I retire(13+ yrs.) I'm 175 miles from work! I know everybody wants to know why, I"ll tell you. For 200,000 on Long Island you get a small house on 80x100 and taxes are 5,400 to 6500 a year. Here I got a 4 bedroom house with 38+ acres and a half mile lake, paying about 2000 a year taxes.