Got my EA 55" grapple today!

/ Got my EA 55" grapple today! #11  
is it just me, or do those bottom tines seem awfully short? I guess that's the difference in a root grapple and a regular grapple? I'm trying to figure out which I want, this one's a root grapple, right?

it's still very awesome, wasn't knocking it. I'm sure you'll get some great use out of that

/ Got my EA 55" grapple today! #12  
Awesome pics, my two little girls love my tractor as well.

/ Got my EA 55" grapple today! #13  
I don't know enough to comment, but I am sure that EA can tell you what you need based on what you plan to use it form.

/ Got my EA 55" grapple today! #14  
They will get you what you need just give them a call

/ Got my EA 55" grapple today!
I am loving this thing! However, the dealer is having fits with my hydraulic hoses. Can't close the grapple right now. Should be fixed tomorrow. :)

/ Got my EA 55" grapple today! #16  
I am loving this thing! However, the dealer is having fits with my hydraulic hoses. Can't close the grapple right now. Should be fixed tomorrow. :)

I just tied in to my second pair of rear remotes and had to figure out which lever to use to switch from back hoe to grapple. Not as handy as a third function and thumb switch but it works.

/ Got my EA 55" grapple today! #17  
is it just me, or do those bottom tines seem awfully short? I guess that's the difference in a root grapple and a regular grapple? I'm trying to figure out which I want, this one's a root grapple, right?

it's still very awesome, wasn't knocking it. I'm sure you'll get some great use out of that

Generally this type is a root grapple. The ones with the longer bottom tines are rock grapples. Not really sure about the nomenclature, as I have a root grapple but pic up massive rocks all the time :). The advantage of the root type is you can use it kind of like a mini scarifier to get a few inches below the dirt and grab small roots and brush. To pick things up, you just curl out, get over the object, go down then close the jaws. It works fine once you get the hang of it.

Oh and congrats to the OP on the grapple. Glad to hear EA has their turnaround time on the mend and you have a new toy. Any day working the grapple is a good day.

/ Got my EA 55" grapple today! #18  

If you can push them to get true 3rd function with a switch that actuates the grapple separate from the bucket curl and at the same time, that would be best. Diverter or using a rear remote is less than ideal, but of course still works.

/ Got my EA 55" grapple today! #19  
Generally this type is a root grapple. The ones with the longer bottom tines are rock grapples. Not really sure about the nomenclature, as I have a root grapple but pic up massive rocks all the time :). The advantage of the root type is you can use it kind of like a mini scarifier to get a few inches below the dirt and grab small roots and brush. To pick things up, you just curl out, get over the object, go down then close the jaws. It works fine once you get the hang of it.

Oh and congrats to the OP on the grapple. Glad to hear EA has their turnaround time on the mend and you have a new toy. Any day working the grapple is a good day.

thank you for the explanation.

/ Got my EA 55" grapple today!
Yes, it's a root grapple, which is what I need to dig out brush and small trees. If they were much longer, I'd dig in so deep the tractor would get stuck.