Got some new tires.

/ Got some new tires. #1  

clemsonfor

Tractor
Yanmar YM2000
Was looking for some cheap mud tires for my old wood and farm truck. Was looking at the new modern patterns over the classic mud tire. I loved these Milestar Pategonia tires and they actually were the best deal I could find on 33s. They have been out for about a year and you see them all over the various tire places online. It's not copied like the other tread patterns you see that often have 2 or 4 different names on them.

Attachments

• 20170901_150138.jpg
    20170901_150138.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 244
   / Got some new tires. #2  
Looks good. Did you mount them?

/ Got some new tires. #3  
from the pic they already look to be on your truck, I'm guessing a turnpike rest station picture?

I had never heard of Patagonia though I do not follow off road tires.
So I read the reviews on these.
For off road rock crawling tires with 3 ply sidewalls, these should last a long time on your farm.
Almost all the reviews were good. You bought a good tire.
No way you can have this kind of open tread and not have a noisy tire, but who cares when you are off road.
Not sure I'd want to commute to a job on this tire though...

I am curious about the level of OP's truck. I see this all the time around here, trucks with the front end lifted.
Seems clearly a bad idea for vision, aerodynamics, handling, can't be anything good about it at all.
Except for the look. Must be a Southern thing, I never saw this up North.
I don't mean this critically, I'm just trying to understand it.
Could be I'm just showing my age...
Of course in the early sixties my father thought baby moons and glasspacks were pretty dumb too...;)

good luck with the tires. Don't know if you have posi on that truck, but doubt you will get stuck.

/ Got some new tires. #4  
Nate, I read your bio, I can't think of better tires for you to go crawling around in the woods you know so well.
And if you are married, you have a tolerant wife... I just loved the pic of the tires on your spotless living room floor. With the train set there, it looks
like Christmas is coming early!

/ Got some new tires.
Ok finially getting back. The wife put the tires in there!! I was actually at the farm when they came, she and her little helper rolled them in.

As to my truck. It does not have a squat lift like you see the kids with. It's basically level or any rearward rake it has is from years oF overloading it with firewood and heavy trailers. This is a k10 sitting on 33x 12.50x15s. It has I think a 2 or 3 inch block in the back and an add a leaf in the front and factory springs all around, at least I think. It was this way when I bought it like 12 years ago.

But visibility is fine or as good as it gets over a slightly lifted square bodies hood. When I load it over the bed rails with firewood it squats and lights the treetops.

I don't commute with this truck, it sits in a shed, and gets brought out to drive to work every so often or to haul wood or pull a trailer of wood. Or to go to the farm pulling a trailer with the tractor and an ATV in the back or some combination of other stuff. With the loud exhaust and just loud old truck noise I honestly don't notice any tire noise. There is a slight noise but honestle not much more than the last tires which were AT but basically looked more like a regular tire with larger voids in the tread.

These tires brand is Milestar the tire name is Pategonia MT. Kind of like Goodyear Wrangler MT is the whole name of their MT tire.

/ Got some new tires. #6  
Ok finally getting back. The wife put the tires in there!! I was actually at the farm when they came, she and her little helper rolled them in.

I'm impressed. :thumbsup:

and I thought of you when my new tires came today, good chunky offroad tires too!
A bit smaller...
for my Gravely garden tractor after getting stuck in a ditch last week for the final time.

Attachments

• IMG_0134.JPG
    IMG_0134.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 98
   / Got some new tires.
Ok finally getting back. The wife put the tires in there!! I was actually at the farm when they came, she and her little helper rolled them in.

I'm impressed. :thumbsup:

and I thought of you when my new tires came today, good chunky offroad tires too!
A bit smaller...
for my Gravely garden tractor after getting stuck in a ditch last week for the final time.

Nice . I got my ATV stuck in the ditch last time at the farm, while I was spraying herbicide. I need to buy 2 new rear tires for it. The ones on it are like 97% bald. Very shrt tread blocks in the center where it contacts the ground and the outer edge are worn to the contact area flat as well. Tired of getting stuck as well. Need to get two new rears as well...like you.

/ Got some new tires. #9  
Patagonia is a huge area representing the very bottom of South America going all the way to the end.
Now of course they changed the name due to copyright issues with the big outdoor chain that has that name,
but you know what they were alluding to.
Does your truck yearn for the pampas? Does it want to cross grassy plains now? :D
So if your truck likes heading South more than heading North, you'll know it's the tire DNA.
Didn't know you got all that with your tires, right?

last of my inner tubes showed up yesterday so I'm headed down with my new mini ag tires on Monday to get them mounted.
Now if the Gravely only had a locking diff...something that keeps it from being a true tiny SCUT instead of an alpha garden tractor.
I had R1's on my first Gravely rider, a 16G, very similar.

getting new tires usually means a quieter car or truck, unless one is going full MT.
You went from MT to MT, but it's still a different whine or rumble.
The holy grail of MT tires is to make them comfortable and quiet, and I think
they've made big advances there. Some of the early ones sounded like Louisiana swamp boats going by, whirring sound could be heard half a mile away.
I never understood the desirability of that, other than to attract attention.
And considering the number of muffler bypasses and glasspacked trucks going by my house, I'd say the occasional male
surely does use their truck to attract attention. Those folks are going to be buying hearing aids in thirty years...

tires are important, new ones are great. Now only if they'd last 100k miles...

/ Got some new tires.
Yea I know where the Patagonia region is and even that there is a yuppie hiking/outdoor clothing manufacturer by that name.

I have AT tread tires before. I like the look of mud tires. And as old and loud as this truck is its not much louder than it was! I will see if I can post a pic of the old tires before. They only had 2 ply sidewall and not as many tread plies and were not near as stiff and they squatted under heavy load.