Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #371  
Naw, No spill Jill would be very unhappy. :cool: Yes they had an advertisement with her demonstrating that can.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #372  
who protects us from the government? Since many of these bureaucratic and elected officials seem to promote legalizing drugs and then letting the system free up the distribution and remove the penalties with the less than 1% chance of actual rehabilitation. Talk about wasted money...but we (not me) vote for the same results time and time again.
We have two choices.

1. Use drugs.

2. Not use drugs.

3. I belong in the # 2 crowd.

Throwing billions at trying to stop drug use. I say let the people who want to use drugs find the death they are spending money to find. Why should tax payers have to spend money trying to prevent them from doing what they want to do?

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #373  
Keep in mind a lot of safety rules come from a lot of people getting i injured and even dying. Public safety is more important than someone "feeling" that their rights are somehow infringed "by the man telling me what I can and can't do".

Common sense is an oxymoron.
I agree, common sense is an oxymoron and your reply proves it. You have pretty much said that if you invent a better mouse trap that I or anyone else shouldn't be able to buy it without the governments blessing. That is not " FEELING" your rights are trampled that is "having" your rights trampled. The original spirit of America was of self reliance, in modern english that translates to personal responsibility. Freedom does come with a price and sometimes that price is a very harsh lesson in developing some common sense, a sense of self preservation. I don't want the government trying to protect everyone from themselves anymore than you would want me to come to your home and hover over you deciding what practices and products you use are an endangerment to you and forbid you to use them anymore. The government can not protect everyone from their own poor judgement, if they could the prisons would be empty and there would be no war on drugs.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #375  
Agree with aebsmithcreek. When the government gets into the role of trying to protect everyone and everything from possible harm it ends up far too restrictive and tramples rights. We live in a world full of potential risks and people have to be trusted to be responsible or expected to endure the ramifications of their irresponsibility. Emotion-driven people should not be making rules & laws.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #376  
I’m thankful to have enough old style fuel cans to cover my needs…

That said I do like my small No-Spill gas container with the push to flow button for refueling two-cycle equipment.

And so far no fumes escape van inside the service van…

1690733718188.jpeg

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #377  
Just keep your old girlfriends away from your gasoline supply. If they do show up, keep some strong tyraps on hand until the cops show up to take them away. Take video of her as they lead her off and post on YouTube.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #378  
It’s sad when the Government has to get blamed and criticized for having to take action to prevent some idiot from pouring gasoline from a can onto an open flame.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #379  
It’s sad when the Government has to get blamed and criticized for having to take action to prevent some idiot from pouring gasoline from a can onto an open flame.
That is because some bureaucratic twit has gotten their nose stuck in and created a bunch garbage to protect a damned idiot,
so the government is to blame and should be criticized for being so meddling and intrusive.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #380  
We have two choices.

1. Use drugs.

2. Not use drugs.

3. I belong in the # 2 crowd.

Throwing billions at trying to stop drug use. I say let the people who want to use drugs find the death they are spending money to find. Why should tax payers have to spend money trying to prevent them from doing what they want to do?
The war on drugs has basically just been a war on our pocketbooks, it’s time to give up! Fix the border, the best we can, and move on