GPS Tracker for a tractor

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #41  
What's that image, airbiscuit? When you click to enlarge, it just gets smaller.

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #42  
As someone who's gone back and forth a few times, and presently owns a half dozen of each, you're missing out! Right now, my family is gathered on the couch in my office behind me, one on a Chrome Book, one on an iPad, and one on an Android tablet. Another two iPads and another Android are sitting on the chargers in the next room, and I'm facing three laptops and two desktops of mixed brands and OS's. Never saw much point in being brand loyal to any one OS or hardware, or hampering myself to avoid one, especially one as good as Apple.

Ever hear of cutting off your nose, to spite your face? :LOL:
I don't do Apple either. Their propitiatory attitude just cheesed me off one too many times. And I don't really care if I'm spiting my face. I also don't care how "good" they are, I'm not going back. Just like I will never use Rogers as a cell phone service provider again.

And yes I'm venting.

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #43  
Hello Eddie, A 2012 tractor is not "older", espesially a pre smog model, and 5000 hrs won't worry anyone handy with spanners. Don't undersell your tractor.

1 thing not mentioned is registered micro dots. These have a serial number registered to you (update contact details when you shift) and are dusted into difficult to clean places on the tractor. The police can still "swab" the locations and read the serial number and the theft has to explain things. Also a sticker is placed on the tractor as a deterant.
2nd option is gps, with a twist. Use an obvious one and a not so obvious one and a third well hidden one to catch the thief.
Good Luck

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #44  
Habit for me. If not the 44, then the derringer in my pocket.
Derringer in your pocket is better than the 44 in your drawer. I carry a 22 magnum NAA Black widow in my pocket when I do carry.

When people question that caliber as a carry I say well let me shoot you in the chest with it and see if it doesn't change your plans.

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #45  
Derringer in your pocket is better than the 44 in your drawer. I carry a 22 magnum NAA Black widow in my pocket when I do carry.

When people question that caliber as a carry I say well let me shoot you in the chest with it and see if it doesn't change your plans.
Works for me, always. My little friend is always in my pocket or in it's ballistic nylon belt holster, one never knows do they. Mine is a 45 LC double barrel, guaranteed wrist breaker if not held with 2 hands, not that I'd ever want to stare down those 2 large dark holes anyway..... Been proven that the dimunitive .22 round is more lethal (close range) than anything else.

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #46  
Here's the destructive power of the 22 Mag. Pencil hole going in but golf ball size going out and everything with it. The size changes within 1/2" of entry. Shown is a standard range clay block cut in half after.

22 Mag.jpg

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #47  
@EddieWalker I use LoneStar Tracking. Oyster3 5G Waterproof GPS Tracker - Instant Alerts - ATLT Device

I have a device that I attached to a strong magnet and can put it on different machines. It will only notify me it it moves more that about 1000 feet. So, when I'm using the skid steer on a job, I will not get messages every time it moves.

You should hide it somewhere in the tractor. But just be sure that it's not in a place where the signal will be blocked. I have mine inside the cab of my skid steer and it works fine. It's an open cab.

I think the subscription is about $150 per year. And if you use the AA batteries they recommend, they will last up to 5 years, and it will notify you when they need changing. There are several subscription options to choose from.

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #48  
Well you know what they say:
Looks good on paper.

But reality always gets in the way. When I was still living in NJ, the most densely populated state, I had no cell coverage at my house and neither did my neighbors.

I moved to NC and still have no cell coverage (nor high speed internet) 1 hr away from Raleigh.

But your map says I was fine and dandy in both states.

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #49  
Could be. The only place that matters in this case is Eddie's.

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #50