GPS Tracker for a tractor

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #51  
Pretty easy to tell if you have a signal.

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor
@EddieWalker I use LoneStar Tracking. Oyster3 5G Waterproof GPS Tracker - Instant Alerts - ATLT Device

I have a device that I attached to a strong magnet and can put it on different machines. It will only notify me it it moves more that about 1000 feet. So, when I'm using the skid steer on a job, I will not get messages every time it moves.

You should hide it somewhere in the tractor. But just be sure that it's not in a place where the signal will be blocked. I have mine inside the cab of my skid steer and it works fine. It's an open cab.

I think the subscription is about $150 per year. And if you use the AA batteries they recommend, they will last up to 5 years, and it will notify you when they need changing. There are several subscription options to choose from.
Thanks, this looks really interesting!!!!!

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #53  
Thanks, this looks really interesting!!!!!
I did a fair amount of research and this is the one I settled on. It’s not very expensive. And the AirTags are not really good for theft.
I actually used this one for a year, then let my subscription expire for a couple of years, then reactivated it with just a phone call.
And the customer service was excellent when I called to reactivate.

I book marked their website and when I get home from work, I'm going to read up on it. From what you are saying, it sounds like what I'm looking for!!!

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #55  
I installed a Logistimatics GPS tracker on our RV that we keep in an offsite storage facility. A colleague recommended them and has multiple units on trailers/equipment and has recovered one trailer twice after theft. Mine is hardwired to the trailer power system and power is connected in storage. My buddy uses the rechargeable battery versions and get 10-12 months between charges, with them set to ping location twice a day. They will also start pinging if moved outside geo-fence or device is tampered with. Units are $40-100. And cost are now $25 pay per month and $15 month/ annual prepaid. Mine was $12/month annual prepaid but looks like it will go to that $15 next go round.

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #56  
I have a tractor at my brothers farm that's an hour away from me. I go there once a week to check on things, do some work on the place and stuff like that. The tractor is kind of hidden behind a building, but anybody trespassing will find it easily enough. The neighbors are pretty good, but they can't watch the place 24/7 It's an older John Deere that I'm afraid might be stolen if somebody decides they want it.

I read a story about the Apple Air Tag and it got me to thinking that I should do something like that to the tractor. The Air Tag seems to have a very short range, but if somebody has an Apple phone that's close to it, then it will send a signal where it's located. Hopefully the police will do something if that happens.

Does anybody have an Apple Air Tag, and how well does it work?

Is there another product that might work better pk xd hack unlimited 999.999 coins and gems 2022? I'm willing to pay a reasonable monthly fee if that increases my odds of being able to find the tractor if it's stolen.

Thanks,
Eddie
The Apple AirTag is a small, round device that can be attached to items like keys, bags, and other objects to help locate them if they are lost. It uses Bluetooth technology to connect to nearby Apple devices, like iPhones, and can then provide a location for the object. However, the AirTag has a relatively short range, and it may not be the best solution for your tractor, which is located an hour away from you.

There are other GPS tracking devices that may work better for your situation. These devices can provide real-time tracking and location information for your tractor, and some of them have long battery life and rugged design that can withstand outdoor environments. Some popular options include:

1. Tile GPS: These devices can be attached to your tractor and provide location information through the Tile app on your phone. They have a range of up to 300 feet and can work with other Tile devices to help locate your tractor if it is stolen.
  2. Spytec GPS: This device is designed for outdoor use and has a battery life of up to two weeks. It can provide real-time tracking information for your tractor and has a geofencing feature that will alert you if the tractor moves outside a designated area.
  3. Tracki GPS: This device provides real-time tracking information for your tractor and has a long battery life of up to 30 days. It can be set up to send alerts to your phone if the tractor is moved or tampered with.
It's important to note that many GPS tracking devices require a monthly subscription fee, so you'll want to factor that into your decision. Additionally, it's a good idea to research the laws in your area regarding GPS tracking devices, as there may be restrictions on their use.

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #57  
Buy a LoJack. Pay one time price and that's it. It transmits to police and you.

I forgot about Lojack. I remember their commercials years ago now that you mentioned them. I did a quick search and found their website, but it doesn't show a price, or any way to buy it. It seems kind of odd that they don't list anything like that.

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #59  
@EddieWalker I think a LoJack dealer needs to sell/install it. I think that the downside might be just how important local law enforcement might rate a rural tractor theft in your area.

Personally, I'd go with one of the many GPS trackers.

Good luck with your various projects.

All the best,

Peter

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #60  
I forgot about Lojack. I remember their commercials years ago now that you mentioned them. I did a quick search and found their website, but it doesn't show a price, or any way to buy it. It seems kind of odd that they don't list anything like that.
Yeah, their website is kind of hard to decipher. I actually found better info from an article about them in Edmunds?? I think it was. They sell for new vehicles through dealerships and they have program to sell for used vehicles too. I like the idea that the cops have the receiver to track the thieves.