GR2100 Buyback

/ GR2100 Buyback #1  

Acolar

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 3520 eHydro, Cab
Has anyone had to deal with Kubota to buyback their machine due to quality isssues?

If so how did you proceed and whom was your key contact with kubota?

My GR2100 had a failure of a transmission bearing, broken output shaft and HST pump failure at 200 hours. Rear case not available in USA backordered from Japan with no ETA.
Unit down since 9/18/2007, but Kubota still wants their monthly payments....

Thanks

Tony

/ GR2100 Buyback #2  
Tony,
Sorry to hear about your GR2100. This model, I believe, is known for its transmission problems. You might want to let your Dealer know you don't want the machine and see if they will go to bat for you so you can trade it for something else. If the dealer doesn't want to help then you will have to talk to Kubota directly. The contact numbers should be in your owners manual.

/ GR2100 Buyback #3  
There is a new transmission shipping now that addresses the exact problems that your talking about. I'd hang on, I'd guess they will probably replace your transmission with that one. It looks as if it maybe a drop in replacment.

For anyone out there... sticking to the recomended maintenance schedule and cleaning the transmission strainer is very important on the older GR models. If you don't do it (and many poeple don't) its adnormaly prone to leaking and wearing out a few key bushings.

/ GR2100 Buyback
Thanks for the quick responses. I understand about maintenance and replaced the HST fluid twice - first time at 50 hrs and the last at about 175 hrs. Both times the strainer was full of small sand like particles and metal shavings. (Used Genuine Kubota Super UDT & Hyd Oil Filter).

My initial impression was that they are replacing pieces of the transmission and not the entire assembly.

Do you have any details as to the part number of the entire replacement trans or Servie Bulletin number?

Thanks

Tony