GR2120 First Impressions

/ GR2120 First Impressions
I will have to check, but I think it is when the fluid is at operating temperature. It only happens when the lift lever is in the stuck full up position after the deck has raised to highest level. I think the noise was coming from valve, but I will have to check that too, if we ever cool down and get any rain. Philip.
Thanks,I am curious to see what you find out.My tractor makes the squealing noise,when hot,even when lifting the deck and before the PRV is activated.I only have to pull the lever back about half way for the squealing noise to start while the deck is being lifted.Maybe this is normal for these tractors but this is my fifth Kubota and the first one to have different noises coming from the PRV.

/ GR2120 First Impressions #42  
Phillip & kcender...I owned an 05 2100 up until about 6 month ago. I had a lot of gripes about that tractor, but I never felt the axle clutches disengaugeing or engauging for that matter...it was always smooth as silk....well until the glide steer cables broke, but after that was fixed, again I could not tell. As for the noise, mine did it from the day it was born as far as I can tell and was doing it the day I got rid of it, apperantly with no ill effects. The level for rasing and lowering the deck always needed a little help (as far as I can remember), returning it to center. Hope this helps.

Chris

/ GR2120 First Impressions
Thanks Chris,I am starting to think the squealing noise is normal for these tractors.I was talking to a mechanic who was working on a GR2120 the other day and he said it was making a squealing noise as well.As for the clutch disengaging it is not something that is overly noticeable but it can be felt if you are looking for it.I have never driven a zero turn but I wonder if they feel the same way.

/ GR2120 First Impressions #44  
I had that squeal and took it back to have it looked at. Apparently they turned the RPM down to 3000k, from 3200k, which starved the pump, causing it to squeal. For some reason it was to high. It don't squeal anymore now.

/ GR2120 First Impressions #45  
Thanks Chris,I am starting to think the squealing noise is normal for these tractors.I was talking to a mechanic who was working on a GR2120 the other day and he said it was making a squealing noise as well.As for the clutch disengaging it is not something that is overly noticeable but it can be felt if you are looking for it.I have never driven a zero turn but I wonder if they feel the same way.
I feel it too. Guess it's the glide-steer kicking in

/ GR2120 First Impressions #46  
Looking at upgrading my 4 year old 400 hr GR2120. Possibly just to another gr2120 but has anybody compared them to the JD x758 ?
Wondering why they are $4500 more

/ GR2120 First Impressions #47  
Looking at upgrading my 4 year old 400 hr GR2120. Possibly just to another gr2120 but has anybody compared them to the JD x758 ?
Wondering why they are $4500 more
I did, since i wanted to buy Green this time around. Didnt see the value/need for the 758 and actually bought the 5xx, which was returned to the dealer within hours of delivery, got my money back and took it to the kubota dealer. I got glide steer, a diesel engine and 4 wheel drive.

Probem was the JD dealer and not necessarily the product, but in the end i feel i got more for the money be staying orange. I see you're in Ontario. If you are near me, I'd have a tip for you on which dealer to stay away from.

/ GR2120 First Impressions #48  
Bought 2120 GR plus blower/mower/cab/heater..in words loaded. In 16 months it has been in the shop for about 6 months on 12 occasions. After they installed the heater, it kept overheating and blowing coolant until it finally burned out the engine. They replaced the engine. Now I have tried it twice...both times it overheated. $25 000 piece of junk

/ GR2120 First Impressions #49  
I had the same issue when trying to move my 2018 GR2120 into a storage unit. The fuel was emptied, so I could not start the engine and drive it. There is nothing in the manual or online that I could find that explained how to Push it with the engine off. Kubota was of little help when I called them. I then called the good folks at Messicks and spoke to their customer service person. He told me that that there is a bypass valve plunger on the rear end of the transaxle. It is located in a rectangular cut out and can be accessed without removing the rear panel. A piece of flat steel or aluminum about 12 long and 1/2 wide can be inserted in the gap below the rear cover and horizontal frame crossmember so you can push the valve. It only requires light pressure and must be held down while you push the tractor. If you like, I can photograph the bypass valve, just let me know. Good luck!

I just finished mowing for the first time with my new GR2120.All I can say is WOW,I should have bought one years ago.As I mentioned in another thread I have been mowing with a B2620 that I purchased new a few months ago.I wasn't happy with it's mowing performance for a variety of reasons but the main problem was turf damage when making turns.After trying a few things to make it better,I gave up and got the GR.Strictly from a mowing point of view there is no comparison between the two.What was taking me two hours and forty minutes to mow I did in one hour and fifty minutes.This is my first time, so the time will probably be reduced further with more usage.Mowing around objects is now effortless whereas before I was doing a lot of three point turns.The deck also gives a nicer cut,the deck seems to stand the grass up better.The increased vacuum of the deep deck also picks up old grass clumps and chews them up whereas the 2620 would just drive over them.I found with the 2620 I was using a lot of overlap to try and clean up the previous pass,I don't have to do that now.As far as stability on side hills,I am sure you could roll this tractor over but it would take a lot.It is the most stable tractor that I have used.I have one area where I have to mow down a steep slope for about ten feet and then turn to the left quite hard and mow down another slope.This is the only tractor I have ever had that doesn't leave damage in this area,I was quite impressed.Because of the short wheelbase it follows the ground closely and leaves less high and low spots in the grass from elevation changes.Fuel consumption also seemed very good with it still showing full after mowing at WOT for just under two hours.The tank seemed to be down an inch or so from where I started.Another thing about this tractor is that I was mowing in patterns that I never did before because it was too hard to follow the terrain,now it seems easy.If I was to nitpick,two things I would like to see are a more comfortable seat and a little bit higher top speed but really I am more than happy with the tractor the way it is.One thing I do find odd is that there is no way to free wheel the tractor,that I am aware of.Sometimes if I only want to move it a few feet in the garage I have to start it up to move it.Most lawn tractors have a rod in the back you pull to disengage the transmission.I have added a couple of pics even though they all look the same.