GR2120 HST strainer not cooperating

/ GR2120 HST strainer not cooperating #1  

zoltanthegypsy

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24, GR2120
Long time lurker... occasional poster...

Doing the 200hr maintenance on the GR. Manual seems to suggest just pulling the suction hose and sliding out the boss and strainer for cleaning. No way. That sucker is tighter than a bull's backside in fly time.

Pulled the whole strainer housing but don't see a way to pull or push that boss (#80) out. Be most pleased if someone would point out what I'm missing.

Thanks and regards,
Z.

GR2120 StrainerF.PNG

Last edited:
   / GR2120 HST strainer not cooperating #2  
I don't think you're missing anything. I don't have direct experience with that machine, but I would be inclined to either gently pry on both sides of the bushing, or perhaps fashion a 90 deg or hooked tool to tug on it. After disassembly it's just held in with (2) O Rings.
Good luck.

/ GR2120 HST strainer not cooperating
My thinking as well. There's no way to pry externally that I can see - the fit is too close - and I'm a bit concerned about going in with a hook "blind" - but that's probably the only way to deal with it.

Considered applying heat and replacing the o-rings after. Shy of that too...

Thanks,
Z.

/ GR2120 HST strainer not cooperating
Got it :) *heat* First thought was a torch but that seemed way too harsh. Then remembered the instant hot water dispenser in the kitchen. More like normal operating temps.

30 seconds of hot water, let it warm through for a few more, then rapped the housing on the bench and the boss popped right out. Yay!

Sorry to bother you all with this - and many thanks for the reply.

Z.

Last edited:
   / GR2120 HST strainer not cooperating #5  
Glad you got it! Heat is usually "the beginning of the end" for me (right before I break something).