Grand L 3940 HST...Need some Buying Advise

/ Grand L 3940 HST...Need some Buying Advise #31  
Jodebg, I'm not sure you can logically compare L's with Grand L's. Sure, you can for weight/vs. HP, and they can be all HST with loaders, but the Grand L's have significant and major upgrades to their operating features. Rather than have us expound on the differences, wouldn't it make sense for you to visit a dealer, and actually check them over? Basically, the L's will do the same work as the Grand L's, but... Consider a VW vs. a Porsche. Both will get you from point A to B, but which one will give more satisfaction? Maybe not a great example, but that's why you want to experience them before you lays your money down. If in doubt, buy the L3940. I would.

/ Grand L 3940 HST...Need some Buying Advise
The selling price is 25. New it sold for 27.

/ Grand L 3940 HST...Need some Buying Advise #33  
The selling price is 25. New it sold for 27.

Get him to throw in from $500 to $1000 worth of something you want, and pay the man. If $25,000 is his asking price, he probably has a little room. But 150 hours is like brand new, it is a very desirable tractor, and you are up north, so he might not have too much.

/ Grand L 3940 HST...Need some Buying Advise #34  
On mine, I found it Saturday afternoon on C.L.
Sunday after church, I put some $ down on it till I could get the $$ and pick it up.
Between Sunday and Wednesday, he had 5 calls on it.

If the price on that was $23k, it'd have been gone since you started this thread.

Everybody knows what it's worth. There won't be much haggling, but just on principal you should be able to get some stuff thrown in or $500/$1000 off. In a year, you won't miss the couple thousand. You *will* miss the tractor.

Or maybe I'm biased. =)

/ Grand L 3940 HST...Need some Buying Advise
In the current Kubota line up, what model/s are Grand L"s?

/ Grand L 3940 HST...Need some Buying Advise #36  
In the current Kubota line up, what model/s are Grand L"s?

The ones where the model number is LXX60.

The current base models are Lxxx1.

/ Grand L 3940 HST...Need some Buying Advise #37  
Here is a Grand L3940 HST with 724 loader Square back at Messicks. for $22,900 It has 201 hours.

Used Kubota L394