Grand L

/ Grand L #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
I have been thinking about buying a Grand L. I had a few questions about them and I may think of more.
1. From the video on kubota website it looks like the hydro dual speed is a second stage on the motor. It does not actually change gears. Is this correct?
2. Is the auto throttle mechanically controlled or electronically controlled?
3. Is the 3540 with a cab under powered?
4. Does a/c on a tractor rob much power?
5. Would a aftermarket radio be easy to install since the speakers and antenna are on the tractor already?

˙sǝıldǝɹ ʎuɐ ɹoɟ ǝɔuɐʌpɐ uı sʞuɐɥʇ

/ Grand L #2  
I have been thinking about buying a Grand L. I had a few questions about them and I may think of more.
1. From the video on kubota website it looks like the hydro dual speed is a second stage on the motor. It does not actually change gears. Is this correct?
5. Would a aftermarket radio be easy to install since the speakers and antenna are on the tractor already?

1. I believe that is correct, you just flick the lever and release and shift from high to low, very convenient.
2. Mechanical and it is adjustable, there's threads here on adjusting it. Ours is the same as it came from the dealer as it's mainly used as a loader tractor and we like it to rev higher sooner than some others.
3. Under powered for what? What do you plan to do with it?
4. Can't answer.
5. I can't see why it wouldn't be as long as it's a std. DIN chassis opening. May need to find out the proper wiring harness to connect existing wires.

/ Grand L #3  

It has a two stage motor, which varies displacement at two set points, very seamless, very useful, use on the fly.

Send me a private e-mail and I can provide you with .pdf of manual with more details.

Philip

/ Grand L
3. Under powered for what? What do you plan to do with it?
I was told that it would not pull a 6' rough cut.

It has a two stage motor, which varies displacement at two set points, very seamless, very useful, use on the fly.

Send me a private e-mail and I can provide you with .pdf of manual with more details.

Philip

Email sent.

/ Grand L
Is the hd bucket worth the upgrade? I have heard the capacity is not as much as the standard one.

/ Grand L #6  
94BULLITT said:

3. My 3540 runs a 6' brush hog with ease. The manual even specifies that the 3240 and 3540 will run a 6' hog. With loaded R4s mine still has power to accelerate uphill in Med-rabbit pulling a mower. I was worried about it being underpowered too, but it is certainly not.

I have the hd bucket and I don't know if it has a different capacity than the standard bucket. My last tractor had the standard bucket and it was pretty beat up. I'd rather have the hd bucket even if it had a little less capacity.

/ Grand L
3. My 3540 runs a 6' brush hog with ease. The manual even specifies that the 3240 and 3540 will run a 6' hog. With loaded R4s mine still has power to accelerate uphill in Med-rabbit pulling a mower. I was worried about it being underpowered too, but it is certainly not.

I have the hd bucket and I don't know if it has a different capacity than the standard bucket. My last tractor had the standard bucket and it was pretty beat up. I'd rather have the hd bucket even if it had a little less capacity.

Do you have a cab on your tractor? Do you have any pictures of the bucket?

/ Grand L
I was looking at another thread and found pictures and specs on the buckets. The standard duty and heavy duty are the same capacity.

Another question I had is what kind of couplers do they put on the loader for the 3rd function?

/ Grand L #10  
The heavy duty round back bucket is same capacity, but built much stronger. Here is mine. Philip.

Attachments

• LOADERHOOKS10.jpg
    LOADERHOOKS10.jpg
    773.5 KB · Views: 218
  • LOADERHOOKS08.jpg
    LOADERHOOKS08.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 223
  • LOADERHOOKS06.jpg
    LOADERHOOKS06.jpg
    964 KB · Views: 203