Price Check Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call!

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #11  
   / Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #12  
you are a rich guy!. have fun with the expensive new tractor..

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #13  
Usually involves a 3pt backhoe. But just the most common cause & an educated guess.

I always heard about the 3 point backhoes being hard on the machine. But why would it crack the tractor in two in the center. I see photos of guys carrying large bales or other items on the front and the back of the tractor. That must cause extreme stress in the center of the tractor. Or even lifting heavy loads on the FEL while the back is weighed down with a counter weight. Like to know what happened though to his tractor. I can only imagine the surprise or shock if something like that happened. Just wondering the forces at play when it happens.

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #14  
I always heard about the 3 point backhoes being hard on the machine. But why would it crack the tractor in two in the center. I see photos of guys carrying large bales or other items on the front and the back of the tractor. That must cause extreme stress in the center of the tractor. Or even lifting heavy loads on the FEL while the back is weighed down with a counter weight. Like to know what happened though to his tractor. I can only imagine the surprise or shock if something like that happened. Just wondering the forces at play when it happens.
3pt is made to lift & pull. A hoe mounted there exerts different forces than expected. It can lift the rear of the machine, which isn't something they normally get. Lots of leverage on the hoe & pivoting over the stabolizers.

If you look at any modern OEM hoe mount it has big supports that go from the rear of the machine up to the engine bell housing. Inevitably when there is a failure with a 3pt hoe it's either the toplink mount on the transmission housing or it's the bell housing between the engine & transmission.

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call!
How did the New Holland split in two?

Some bad designs combined with some rough use. The casting in the center that holds the front half of the tractor to the rear half is a flat out poor design. It痴 so thin I知 surprised it held up as long as it did. The holes that mounted the MMM stripped out 5 or 6 years in. I drilled and retapped a size larger. This held up the remainder of the years. Working the FEL with no rear ballast I知 sure was extremely hard on. One and done on New Holland for me 😁

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call!

I was doing some normal FEL work when she kinda sank in the middle. Miraculously it would still move but only a fraction of what it normally would.

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #17  
So, I bought my first tractor in 2004, a New Holland TC24DA HST 4x4 with FEL and MMM. 16 years later, and the tractor literally split into two, I had to find a replacement.

Long story short, a Grand L6060 was just ordered! I loaded it up with options including Cab/Heat/AC, bluetooth radio, air ride seat, side/rear window defoggers, rear work lights and wiper, front hydraulic quick attach skid steer FEL, 4-IN-1 BOCE bucket, 42 pallet forks, R-4ç—´, top-n-tilt, swinging drawbar, draft control, high capacity alternator, mid-PTO, front support for 4-point hitch, three rear remotes, rear ballast box, QH20 quick hitch, FDR3690 grooming mower, RCF2772 rotary cutter with chains, DH1520 disc harrow with center sweep, and GS2584 grading scraper with rear blades.

All in all, 20% off MSRP with equine discount, 0% for 60, a hair over $70k. Good? Bad? Thoughts?

Good call on the ballast box, especially with the heavy 4-in-one bucket. I still change/repair my own tires so never secify liquid ballast but my L6060 has the maximum of 3 Kubota cast iron weights on each rear wheel. Still it is not uncommon for me to have one rear wheel off of the ground when maneuvering on hills with nothing in my Kubota 4-in-one bucket (which I would not buy if doing it again) if my ballast box is not installed.

Might want to reconsider the draft control, though. It's a bit of a rube goldberg, unneeded unless you plan on doing serious plowing. I have it on my L6060 and often wish that I did not.

SDT

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #18  
what situation makes the draft control undesirable. I thought it was the kind of thing that makes no difference if you don't use it but makes all the difference if you do. It's just an extra lever on the position control.

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #19  
what situation makes the draft control undesirable. I thought it was the kind of thing that makes no difference if you don't use it but makes all the difference if you do. It's just an extra lever on the position control.

Sort of, but makes other hydraulic systems (FEL) less reliable.

Additionally, the Kubota draft control system used on the L6060 is a completely external. Some pivot points have oilite bronze bushings, others do not. Only one such pivot point has a grease zerk. Adjustment of the feedback rod is critical and rarely properly adjusted by dealer techs upon installation. Improper adjustment can (and does) affect FEL functionality. Even precise adjustment (Who does this?) quickly marginalizes due to routine wear.

BTDT, but your call.

SDT

Last edited:
   / Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #20  
Sort of, but makes other hydraulic systems (FEL) less reliable.

Addistionally, the Kubota draft control system used on the L6060 is a completely external. Some pivot points have oilite bronze bushings, others do not. Only one such pivot point has a grease zerk. Adjustment of the feedback rod is critical and rarely properly adjusted by dealer techs upon installation. Improper adjustment can (and does) affect FEL functionality. Even precise adjustment (Who does this?) quickly marginalizes due to routine wear.

BTDT, but your call.

SDT
My L4060hstc came with the 3pt feedback rod improperly adjusted. No draft control on my machine, just the standard position control. It went back to the dealer with less than a half hour of run time as "the loader stopped working". As it turns out I lifted the 3pt & it went out of range for the 3pt feedback rod. Now that I think about it that doesnt make much sense on open center hydraulics. The 3pt should be the last valve on the circuit & the upstream loader valve should have had priority.

At any rate I can see more linkages & bearings/bushings to wear out or come loose being a problem, even if you never use a function.