Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............ #1  

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
Another thorn in my flesh in 2020.... Gone are the good old days and most likely never coming back either. All my life I use to just go or call a tire shop, they'd say come in any time or this afternoon, pick out the tires you want and we'll have them put on. Today I called 4 big tire shops, VIP, Tire Warehouse and others, all busy til next week, NEXT WEEK!!!! What happen to no one driving around, gas is plentiful, everyone is shopping online, but everyone needs tires now to get toilet paper. I use to go in Sears at 7pm and get tires without appointment let alone wait a week, end of rant.......... The Judds - Grandpa (Tell Me 'Bout the Good Old Days) - YouTube
Don Edwards Coyotes - YouTube

/ Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............ #2  
I feel sorry for my kids and grand kids....and great grand kids. IMO this country, USA, is really screwed up morally which projects into many ways of our daily lives. Although there are very many good people (IMO) the tail is waging the dog right now.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............ #3  
I remember the good old days...

Gretta what's her name was telling us we were all gonna die from climate change and not some virus...

Or when self check out was the same thing as a five finger discount...!

/ Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............ #4  
In before the lock. :)

/ Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............ #6  
My tire stores can usually get me in the same day. Sometimes they have to order certain sizes, but if they know before noon, they'll have them early the next morning.

/ Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............ #7  
Another thorn in my flesh in 2020.... Gone are the good old days and most likely never coming back either. All my life I use to just go or call a tire shop, they'd say come in any time or this afternoon, pick out the tires you want and we'll have them put on. Today I called 4 big tire shops, VIP, Tire Warehouse and others, all busy til next week, NEXT WEEK!!!! What happen to no one driving around, gas is plentiful, everyone is shopping online, but everyone needs tires now to get toilet paper. I use to go in Sears at 7pm and get tires without appointment let alone wait a week, end of rant.......... The Judds - Grandpa (Tell Me 'Bout the Good Old Days) - YouTube
Don Edwards Coyotes - YouTube

You know what that tells most business owners don'tcha? It tells them that if a customer can pull in and get service right away, any time of day with no appointment, his guys were sitting around waiting for work. He was paying them to be idle. So yes, gone are the days of getting paid to sit around.

I found the same thing at my last employer. I survived 5-6 rounds of layoffs. We went from 500+ employees to about 125 over 15 years. Yet we still got the product out every day. Between automation and more efficient use of the humans, it was pretty clear that a lot of people weren't working anywhere near the productivity of what they could have been. I did not, however, survive outsourcing. :rolleyes:

/ Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............ #8  
Can the average person even comprehend a time when you could go the whole day without getting any outside information or talking to anyone? A man would go to work in the morning and not have any contact with his wife untl he came home. You might communicate with a sibling at Christmas and on birthdays, and that was it.

/ Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............ #9  
Can the average person even comprehend a time when you could go the whole day without getting any outside information or talking to anyone? A man would go to work in the morning and not have any contact with his wife untl he came home. You might communicate with a sibling at Christmas and on birthdays, and that was it.

I remember those days and I'm not 60 yet. On Christmas we got to say "Hi Grandma, Merry Christmas" and hand the phone to the next sibling as fast as we could because long distance phone calls were so expensive.

/ Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............ #10  
My Mom called me the other day and said she waited til 6 pm to call. She somehow still thought we lived in a time where it was cheaper then.

Status
Not open for further replies.