Grandson Certified Welder

/ Grandson Certified Welder #31  
Welding is a cruel trade. It takes 20 years of experience to master it and then your eyes go!

/ Grandson Certified Welder
Welding is a cruel trade. It takes 20 years of experience to master it and then your eyes go!
I've had that discussion with Dylan. My advice, go for it. Prepare for early retirement because your body will need it. Wisely invest that money. He doesn't own any property yet. Last time I mentioned that to him he said he wants to pay cash. I was left without a response. :)

/ Grandson Certified Welder #35  
It's good to hear about kids that know what they want to do in life after graduation...and then do it.

You have bragging rights Grandpa.

/ Grandson Certified Welder #36  
Beautiful welds man! your grandson will always have a job as long as he wants one. Best of luck to him!

/ Grandson Certified Welder #37  
I've had that discussion with Dylan. My advice, go for it. Prepare for early retirement because your body will need it. Wisely invest that money. He doesn't own any property yet. Last time I mentioned that to him he said he wants to pay cash. I was left without a response. :)
Sounds to me like he plans to hold on to that money and not blow it foolishly. Good for him. So many nowadays making good money waste it as fast as they get it.

/ Grandson Certified Welder #38  
That is talent for sure. Impressive! I see he has a fall harness on but doesn't appear to be tied off. It don't do much good without the tie-off ;)

Make sure he understands PPE and takes his lungs seriously. I always wear a respirator when doing any heavy welding and especially when grinding or abrasive cutting. I don't worry about it when TIG welding as the process is so clean but stick or MIG requires it or I start feeling sick in no time from the fumes. Of course I haven't stick welded in years but do a fair bit of MIG and TIG now. I wish I was as good as your grandson is!

/ Grandson Certified Welder #40  
Mr. Ovrszd, looks like with two welders in the family, you'll not have to suffer long with a broken implement!!!