Grapple Bucket

/ Grapple Bucket #1  

stray

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power-trac 422 2003 model and 428 January 2015 model
I am getting ready to fabricate a grapple on my small OEM bucket with rock teeth(the 5 cub ft one). Can any one tell me the size and length of the cylinder I will need.

/ Grapple Bucket #2  
I think you have to determine where the pivot point will be, and how much force you want to apply. That will determine the size and length. and whether you want one or two cyl to apply force. See attachments.

Attachments

• 553060-hydrarake.jpg
    553060-hydrarake.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 262
   / Grapple Bucket #3  
PIC 2

Attachments

• 553064-the thumb.jpg
    553064-the thumb.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 258
   / Grapple Bucket #4  
PIC 3

Attachments

• 553068-1c_1.jpg
    553068-1c_1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 261
   / Grapple Bucket #5  
This looks like a nice grapple fork....Who's is it? It looks like it may fit the 10' bucket on the PT425....? Merry Christmas Stray and J.J. ......Tom

/ Grapple Bucket #6  
Don't know the manufacturer. I did an internet search looking for grapple forks and saved ever picture that looked interesting. I will eventually build one using ideas that have worked for others.

/ Grapple Bucket
Thanks JJ that grapple concept is one I haven't seen or thought of. It looks very interesting. Simple too.

/ Grapple Bucket #9  
If you are good with a cutting torch or plasma torch, and welder, and I am sure you are, you should be able to build that Thumb Grapple for about $100 plus what ever the cyl will run. You could even add extra legs to expand gripping area.