Front-End Loader grapple for FEL, vendors? feedback? $?

/ grapple for FEL, vendors? feedback? $? #1  

Cidertom

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4520, 2305 Aktive snow-trac ST4
So, looking at projects for spring, summer and beyond,I think I need a grapple for the 400cx loader on the JD 4520. I have a 4in1 bucket, but it just does not do tree limbs well. Also I want to be able to lose some of the dirt I built up when making the debris piles last fall. Anyway, looked at a "BoDozer grapple" borgford.com and it looks well built. Perhaps too well built for the few times a year I need one. The wife unit sputtered and gave a general error code when I mentioned the price ($3600). I see units for skidsteers on ebay for $1000-2000. I can fab my own mounts. anybody know any brands/dealers which are better or worse than others? I thought about making the whole thing, but time to design and fab mounts is one thing, designing and fabricating the whole thing is something else.

/ grapple for FEL, vendors? feedback? $? #3  

Attachments

• P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 502
  • P1010009.JPG
    P1010009.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 338
   / grapple for FEL, vendors? feedback? $? #4  
Cidertom said:
Anyway, looked at a "BoDozer grapple" borgford.com and it looks well built. Perhaps too well built for the few times a year I need one. The wife unit sputtered and gave a general error code when I mentioned the price ($3600).
Wow, what size was that for?

/ grapple for FEL, vendors? feedback? $?
Mike058 said:
Wow, what size was that for?

the size is 5'6'' wide.

/ grapple for FEL, vendors? feedback? $? #6  
I know what you mean about the 4in1 not being good for picking up tree limbs, but $2000 is a big expense for something you say you will rarely use. Have you considered adding a couple of bolt-on teeth to the 4in1? I'm comtemplating something like this myself. The 4in1 opens wide enough but it sometimes has trouble keeping limbs in the jaws. A few teeth would make a big difference I think... and cost almost nothing. ... say 4 bolts and a few feet of steel.

And that westendorf z-47 bucket is a mean piece of work.
Front-End Loaders by Westendorf: loader for tractor, shade canopy, wagons, manure & landscaping equipment.

Attachments

• 4in1x.jpg
    4in1x.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 307
  • Z-47-Bucket-BIG2[1].jpg
    Z-47-Bucket-BIG2[1].jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 289
   / grapple for FEL, vendors? feedback? $? #7  
WR Long.

Mind you, if I had money to burn I'd get an Anbo.

But my WR Long grapple has been one of my BEST purchases...so good that the bucket has been off my tractor for about a year now! I do wish I'd gone the quick-attach route (they can make it to match whatever...I just don't have a quick attach bucket on my US spec Yanmar).

Nelson Long is great to deal with, too. There are a number of us on this site that have WR Long grapples.

/ grapple for FEL, vendors? feedback? $? #8  
Anyone have any experience with the Brush Crusher 3000 or 4000? Would like something easy to install for a JD 2520.

/ grapple for FEL, vendors? feedback? $? #9  
I just got a quote from Millonzi on a Light duty 60" grapple for $1640 plus $150 shipping. It appears to fit in your price range too. I am contemplating the 48" model after I did a search on here for millonzi grapple. It looks like someone saved $700 bucks on the grapple alone.
I already have a 4-in-1 bucket on my 300CX FEL, so I wouldn't need much in way of hoses/hydraulics to get the grapple up and running.
What do you guys think? Can a guy justify an extra 12" for $700? What are the prices from Long? I haven't seen any of their grapples, but I know my Deere dealer has moved a lot of attachments from them.

/ grapple for FEL, vendors? feedback? $? #10  
sneaky said:
Anyone have any experience with the Brush Crusher 3000 or 4000? Would like something easy to install for a JD 2520.

Units are quick to install and don't require additional hydraulics. They fit right on the ends of your loader arms. BC-3000 Unit is around $825 (estimated price as I am mfg, local dealer may differ). I've seen these in action and operated them myself - a really slick solution for limbs. It'll take a several day job down to just hours. No chains, No bucket to get in the way or scoop half the topsoil into the burn pile. We currently fit about 80 non-westendorf loader models. You can submit a fit request on our web site at Front-End Loaders by Westendorf: loader for tractor, shade canopy, wagons, manure & landscaping equipment. -

Attachments

• Close-up.jpg
    Close-up.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 326
  • long-log.jpg
    long-log.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 268