Grapple vs Pallet Forks with Grapple

/ Grapple vs Pallet Forks with Grapple #1  

David in KY

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti RX6620
Hello,

I have my first tractor, a Kioti RX6620. I am starting to acquire implements. Trying to decide between a EA Wicked Grapple, or a BradCo SharkBite grapple for use with pallet forks.

I may own both eventually, but I'm intrigued with the utility potential of the pallet fork option.

Anyone ever used the SharkBite grapple?

Thanks, David

/ Grapple vs Pallet Forks with Grapple #2  
If you are moving piles of logs a fork grapple is handy. A claw grapple is better for handling brush.

I have powered fork tines, I find them invaluable for handling odd shaped/sized items. I can move much larger root balls and rocks with my thumbless forks than I can with my root grapple.

Hopefully you have enough tractor to handle the forks and thumb.

/ Grapple vs Pallet Forks with Grapple #3  
Use both attachments less the shark bite. Forks on the small tractor no worries about bending. On the bigger tractor tip loading one fork could bend it!?! Also the fork length is awkward in the woods. See lots of bent forks go thru the scrap yard and wonder about their story. For my brush can really see the advantage of a dual lid grapples and are the main attachments. One is a EA wicked and a good fit on the Kubota B26.
Sometimes with using the forks every pound of lifting force is needed so consider the added grapple weight.
All tools have their best niche use.

/ Grapple vs Pallet Forks with Grapple #4  
I have a Land Pride SGC1560. It's a very HD rock & root grapple. I have little to no brush - therefore no need for a long tine brush grapple. Had it for eight years - been a great implement.

Mainly used to move very large rocks and chunks of pine tree trunk.

/ Grapple vs Pallet Forks with Grapple
I would have never considered bending a pallet fork! Definitely something to keep in mind when trying to dislodge the random rock.
I expect to own a grapple at some point, and will have to prioritize the purchase. I have a more immediate need for pallet forks and was hoping to put off the grapple purchase for a while.

Thank you guys for the reply(s) and relating your experiences. This is an excellent forum.

David

/ Grapple vs Pallet Forks with Grapple #6  
I’ve not used that brand of attachment but I’ve used a pallet fork grapple that was almost identical and I didn’t like it at all. It wasn’t all that good at grappling and it was in the way for moving pallets.

/ Grapple vs Pallet Forks with Grapple #7  
I would have never considered bending a pallet fork! Definitely something to keep in mind when trying to dislodge the random rock.
I expect to own a grapple at some point, and will have to prioritize the purchase. I have a more immediate need for pallet forks and was hoping to put off the grapple purchase for a while.

Thank you guys for the reply(s) and relating your experiences. This is an excellent forum.

David

Might consider a quick spade attachment for forks if digging. Ties the forks tips together. Easy for digging or transplanting. Prefer the forks over the bucket attachment.

Clamp on Titan forks on the little tractor loader bucket is the best tool to dig, transport, wash and lay out to dry, sweet potatoes from the garden.

/ Grapple vs Pallet Forks with Grapple #8  
I bought a Thumb for my forks and find them very useful.
Not as "grippy" or heavy duty as a pure grapple but light weight and low cost were a plus.
Winter shot with a small pile.

Attachments

• 2nd load.jpg
    2nd load.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 79