Grasshopper Ranked #1 mower

/ Grasshopper Ranked #1 mower #2  
Good to know! I am in the market this year to replace an old Snapper and you just saved me hours of research!!

/ Grasshopper Ranked #1 mower
You want be disappointed. They are made like tanks and both times I called Grasshopper I was extremely happy with the quick and courteous response.

/ Grasshopper Ranked #1 mower #4  
LOL take that for what it's worth, it's a dealer to manufacturer survey. Not a customer satisfaction survey.

A similar survey showed that LS tractor dealers were happy with the Mfg as well, and LS was ranked #1 in that survey. LS makes good machines, and it's good that LS stands behind their dealers... But it doesn't mean that LS are the best tractors.

I bought a lightly used Grasshopper commercial mower this past year... 725k with 60" deck. It's nice. But nowhere near the quality and precision of my Hustler commercial mower.

/ Grasshopper Ranked #1 mower #5  
I have a 1986 model Woods "Mow-n-Machine" (Grasshopper) that I bought used around 2005. I put new rings in the engine and did a valve job about four years ago. While I had it all apart, I repainted it. One of the wheel motors finally gave up the ghost last summer so I'm either going to convert it to simple pump and wheel motors or buy a new mower. I hate to scrap it. It still mowed and ran very well. Perhaps I'm expecting too much out of a 30 year old machine. :)

Woods Mower 2012.jpg

Yeah the main reason I bought the grasshopper is that the land I bought has about 12-14 acres to mow. Previous owner mowed it once a week for 30 plus years on same mower and said he wouldn't buy anything else based on how his mower had held up. Considering just that alone it was hard for me to buy anything else. Honestly now that I have spoke to several landscapers that run them I have yet to find anyone that would change brands. That in itself says a lot about both the product and company. Now I'm not saying theres no other good brands just saying Grasshopper is definitely one of the top shelf suppliers. As for this survey I can tell you from experience if customers are happy with their dealers then the dealers are happy with the manufacture. It's just that simple. Looking at that survey you will see a lot of names like Stihl, Kubota etc that run consistently at the top. We all know they make good products. Dealers are happy cause they have few returns, few customer complaints and repeat business. That's the core of what makes a dealer successful which is why they are satisfied with their manufacture. It's as simple as that.

/ Grasshopper Ranked #1 mower #7  
I absolutely love my 16 year old Grasshopper 928D with the kubota diesel engine. It is a beast, cuts great, and I have some very cool attachments for it.

/ Grasshopper Ranked #1 mower #8  
The #1 ranking doesn't surprise me. The speed in which my dealer gets parts, or warranty work done, is amazing. Even when I ordered a new mower, they had it within a couple days. I can tell by the guys at my dealer's counter that they like the brand. If there's ever anything that would fall into a gray area for some brands (to cover under warranty or not, will it fit, etc) they always without hesitation side with the customer. Basically they do whatever it takes to get you back in service and they'll figure out the details later.

Same here. Dealer has been fantastic.

/ Grasshopper Ranked #1 mower #10  
I know Grasshopper is good, but I consider their new mid-mount mowers to be a step backward from front-mount mowers for ease of service. I suppose they wanted to compete closer with Bad Boy, Hustler, etc.