Grasshoppers & Crickets

/ Grasshoppers & Crickets #21  
Hawgee, I certainly wish I had some of your moisture. We had a cloud blow up this afternoon, wind whipped the trees around for awhile, heard lots of thunder, but nary a drop of moisture./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif If it doesn't rain before Monday (and none is forecast or expected), Dallas will set a new all time record for the longest period without measurable precipitation; 58 days is the current record.

And Roy, chickens in the house? How'd they housebreak them? I still remember having to clean out the chicken house when I was a kid and don't think I want one loose in my house; I'd rather have mice./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Grasshoppers & Crickets #22  
Bird,
Watching the news tonight it showed just how dry also how low the water table in Texas,/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif
I hope all going well and mother nature will come around soon.

Take care and stay /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH

/ Grasshoppers & Crickets #23  
Bird, I don't know about you but I buy my chickens full grown and that way they already know how to jump over the cracks.

/ Grasshoppers & Crickets #24  
Yep, RJohnson, that's the thing to do; just buy grown ones./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif It's been many years since I had chickens at all, but when I was a kid we had free roaming chickens instead of keeping them cooped up. I'd like to have a few now, but I don't want to keep them cooped up and I know they wouldn't last long otherwise because of the coyote population around here.

Bird

/ Grasshoppers & Crickets #25  
Bird,
My chickens are getting real good at jumping over the cracks in my yard but I sure am getting tired of pulling my dogs out after they fall in /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. I understand Navarro County got some rain, I hope it helped. We still are setting records in Dallas.
My wife has already settled the problem with coyotes, we have guard llamas./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Can't wait to see what rain looks like. Maybe the fellow in WNY will be kind and send some this way.

/ Grasshoppers & Crickets #26  
Some parts of Navarro County got a little rain last week, but not my part; still bone dry./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif Hard to believe it was 52 degrees here this morning and 93 this afternoon.

Bird