Gravely HD52 vs BadBoy ZT Elite 54 vs ?? - 2 Acres Plus

/ Gravely HD52 vs BadBoy ZT Elite 54 vs ?? - 2 Acres Plus #1  

jascott

Looking for recs on a zero turn mower. We've just bought 16 acres in North Texas and will be initially mowing 2 - 3 acres around the house and shop buildings. I'll also need to mow a pass or two down each side of a gravel road that is about a mile long and between the county road and the fence line in the ditch. Long term, we might need to mow another acre or so around a pond. The ground is relatively flat, but there are a few small hills. I will have about 20 trees eventually that I will need to mow around. I will keep the mower inside the shop building that has double doors, so I don't think width would be an issue (for storage anyway). I'm leaning towards the 54" because of the trees that I'll need to mow around.

With my requirements, I'm not sure where that puts me in the residential vs commercial vs prosumer line. I was looking at the Gravely HD52 and the BadBoy ZT Elite mowers because they seem to be more of the prosumer level and have serviceable trans units. I don't want to overbuy/spend, but I do want something that will last 10 plus years without me having to spend lots of money on it. I am going to go with the Kawasaki engine on either. These are at about the top of what I'm willing to spend as I will also need to purchase a tractor in the near future. I do have a dealer for both within 20 minutes that I am comfortable working with.

Thoughts on these two or recs on anything else to look at?