Gravely HD60

/ Gravely HD60 #1  

Chuck52

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L210
After looking and pricing, I ended up buying a Gravely HD60. This is homeowners machine, but it has a Kawasaki engine and the same hydraulics used in the other machines I looked at. The deck is pretty heavy, and in fact it is the same deck used on Gravely's bottom line commercial machine....there was one setting beside the HD at the dealer.

How do you folks with zero turns work on the decks if you don't have one of the tilting decks? Do you run it up on ramps or lift the front end? I don't expect to have to do anything this season, but I figured I'd plan ahead. :)

I've got all of 2.9 hours on it so far. That was cutting everything I have been mowing, which took about 4.5 hours with my old rider. I also had to go back and re-cut a fair amount when I found I hadn't adjusted the deck level properly. Lots of fun and wasted time trying to convince my feet they had nothing to do, too. I need to trim some more limbs so I don't lose my hat so often. Turns out letting go of the controls while trying to hold a limb out of your face is poor technique with one of these. :)

On the other hand, it cuts as fast as it will go, even in some fairly heavy grass, so when it no longer seems like a carnival ride I'll probably have fun with it.

Chuck