grease gun

/ grease gun #61  
Hmmm. I have lived 74 years without one. I might see if I can make it a few more years. It will be tough, I am sure, but I will try.

Kidding aside, considering the amount of greasing the average tractor owner is required to do, I have trouble believing that the convenience of a powered grease gun is worth the investment (same goes for the LNL grease gun). If I owned and maintained a fleet of tractors it might be different.

I know. I said the same thing about the 20v grease gun when I saw it....."I don't need that stupid thing a hand-pump model is plenty".

Then I greased the loader on our TC40D, and the deck on our Hustler mower. I was sold.

When you've got 3 tractors, a 72" zero turn, and a host of other things to grease. They sure are a life-saver.

/ grease gun #62  
Can't agree with this enough. I would not be able to live without my DeWalt grease gun. Made in the USA too.

I thought a 20v grease gun would be stupid and unnecessary. Boy was I wrong. When I used my dad's Makita greaser, I bought the DeWalt when I got home that same day.
Like them so much I bought several. One in 3 of my 4 farm tractors and one in the Ram 5500. Always have easy grease gun access. Batteries & chargers interchangeable. Great deals on them through Ebay sellers.

Icing on the cake is get yourself a DC cig lighter charger. Then you can keep your battery topped off. Also, check out the little 20V max blower for blowing chaff off your tractor radiator. (y)

/ grease gun #64  
For just a few bucks more, you can get a DeWalt battery powered grease gun. 20v.
I got one a couple of years back, and wished I had gotten it 10 years back (if it was available).
I AGREE!
I just now purchased the DeWalt grease gun, which will add to my collection of four other "regular" grease guns.
I hate how my hands end up covered in grease as well as the gun itself just from attaching and detaching the nozzle, which is the Lock n Lube.
I am not knocking the Lock n Lube. In fact, I LOVE IT!!!
And I will be putting it on my DeWalt when it arrives.
But it was the norm for my hands and gun to get covered in grease just from handling it, and it seemed like I was wasting grease because I had to "finish that last pump" to bring the handle down.
May not seem like much, but when you figure how many fittings you do it adds up pretty quick.

/ grease gun #65  
In this video
he says the gun will pump air to create a vacuum. My old grease gun when it gets air pocket will not pump! also can tell how much grease you have left. Will the battery grease guns pump out air?
With ANY grease gun, should you get an air lock, just unscrew the cartridge canister just a turn or two, then pull the rod out of the canister and push back in.
Air pocket is gone.

/ grease gun #67  
2022-08-11, 0413

59° right now...high in the low 80's today

Wife and stepdaughter had a nice ride to eastern New Hampshire...lovely day for it.
Doggie and I....well, pup slept and I worked from home
Nothing special today...back on site at my job

/ grease gun
I just got the easy prime lever with long coupler.so far so good.I am on my first tube of grease.I like the fact I can see how much grease is left at a glance.I have a pneumatic grease gun that I am going to use with cheap grease for disc bog harrow that I use once a year for food plot(it takes a lot of grease)

/ grease gun #70  
Remstar my grease gun is almost the
same as yours except the only difference
is mine don't have the clip or snap on
you just push it on and I have had this
since 1971 and still works fine

willy