Grease.

/ Grease. #11  
I use the Lucas red n tacky and I store my cheap rural king Grease gun on some shop towels in the cabinet. It drips a tiny bit. Like two drips per tube ish

/ Grease. #13  
Sweet plane. I used to fly a piper cherokee.
A friend had a Cherokee 160, that I put about a dozen hours on. I had it in my hangar for over a month fixing all the crap that his AI never checked, screwed up or wouldn't fix, like an aileron counterweight bouncing around in the wingtip.
After I got it all straightened out, it was a great little plane, had fun flying it around the area, even flew about a dozen EAA Young Eagles in it one weekend.
The Debonair was a great plane, especially after I upgraded it to an IO-520 285HP engine. 160 knot cruise was great.

Attachments

• N35F & Me.JPG
    N35F & Me.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 73
   / Grease. #14  
Most cheaper greases are essentially clay based and probably simply made fluid by using an oil solvent.
Like, don't leave your grease gun stored in a hot location for an extended length of time.
I was once 'gifted' a Lincoln powerd gun and I literally had to drill out the dry caked grease.
It's OK now and my 'go to' gun.

/ Grease. #15  
Been using Traveler Extreme Duty 3% Moly grease from Tractor Supply for everything I grease, for 20 years or so. I have never had it separate when in the gun or in the tubes.
The $20 a tube Aeroshell stuff speced for use on my Beech Debonair landing gear dripped oil as soon as I put it in the gun and hung it up on the wall.
I bought a case of the Traveler Extreme Duty Moly on sale last year but it seems to be thin and separate and be runny. I'm not convinced it will stay where it is needed.

So now I switched to Valvoline Crimson. It's supposed to be an EP grease. Rural King has it for $3.49 vs. almost $7 at Walmart, NAPA, etc.

/ Grease. #16  
Red and tacky grease drips quite a bit. The valvoline equivalent to red and tacky also drips quite a bit. I’ve been using Mobile blue grease and it doesn’t seem to drip.

/ Grease. #17  
Had a tube of Mobile synthetic grease, that I kept in the basement, leak profusely from my grease gun.
I pulled the tube and threw it away. I questioned its lubricating ability after leaking that bad.
I am looking at getting a Lube Shuttle system myself.

/ Grease. #18  
I bought the factory labeled grease from my New Holland dealer, because I wanted everything to be "just right". Last time I bought it, the labeling had changed but it was still their "official" grease. It hasn't dripped any oil.

I didn't expect it to be cheapest, but maybe all things considered it is.

/ Grease. #20  
I used Lucas Red & Tacky for awhile but got tired of the dripping. Switched to Lucas XTra HD green and no problems since.