Greasing a LB1100 Backhoe

/ Greasing a LB1100 Backhoe #1  

BlueLS

Tractor
2013 LS G3033H
I can't get grease into the swing cylinder pins. I've installed new zerk fittings. I decided to remove the pins from the swing frame assembly to look for a reason why they won't take grease. After removing the nut and bolt that holds the pin in place, I tapped on the pin expecting it to drop out but it didn't move. I then used a 2# hammer and brass punch and still no movement. I tried with the hoe in different positions, too. It shouldn't be this frustrating!

Last edited:
   / Greasing a LB1100 Backhoe #2  
I have had some of them be very difficult to get grease in, usually I just move the backhoe or push down on the ground with the bucket to change the pressure then it will go in easier.
I don't recall the swing ones being hard to grease though.

/ Greasing a LB1100 Backhoe #3  
How long since last greased??

Almost sounds like there is grooves wore into the pin holding them in the bushing, but being wore that much they should still take grease.

Try a grease fitting cleaner tool. One you fill with a light oil, latch it to the grease fitting and then smack the tools plunger with a hammer. Theory is it will free/loosen old grease from everything.

/ Greasing a LB1100 Backhoe #4  
Never had any issues doing the swing cylinders..... I wonder how long old grease has been in there.

/ Greasing a LB1100 Backhoe
Update!: I used a heavy duty heat gun and applied a lot of heat to the cylinder end that the pin goes through and finally got some grease to ooze out where it should.

/ Greasing a LB1100 Backhoe #6  
The ears the pin goes threw may not be inline very well.

Could be a groove wore into the pin and is caught on the bushing in the end of the hyd. Cylinder.

Heavy duty heat gun means the torch right??

/ Greasing a LB1100 Backhoe
The ears the pin goes threw may not be inline very well.

Could be a groove wore into the pin and is caught on the bushing in the end of the hyd. Cylinder.

Heavy duty heat gun means the torch right??
No, a handheld heat gun. It's pretty powerful. I tried it before breaking out the torch.