Great Bend Loader Bushings

/ Great Bend Loader Bushings #1  

Behrend II

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS XG3140H
Hello,

I've got a GB 224 FEL and it appears that the four bushings for the bucket attachment need to be replaced. They slide inside the tube where the tilt rams on top attach to the bucket and where the loader arms attach to the bucket on the bottom. They slide inside the tube and the attachment pins then slide through them. They are the pivot point for the the bucket and have grease zircs feeding them. The problem: all the GB dealers that I talk to say there aren't any bushings listed on their parts details. HELP!

Tom

/ Great Bend Loader Bushings #2  
Check with Bush Hog. They have combined with Great Bend. I don't know who bought out who.

/ Great Bend Loader Bushings #3  
GIven the dealer says there are no bushings, can it be that a prior owner used a too small pin and bushed it to fit?
jb

/ Great Bend Loader Bushings #4  
Behrend II said:
... HELP!
Forget dealer service. GB is gone, and Bush Hog says that's not our problem. I made all the same inquiries in 2003 and got nowhere.

I think GB loaders were built out of generic parts and any good hydraulics shop can arrange to get it re-bushed locally.

/ Great Bend Loader Bushings
Thanks for the help guys. The loader was brand new when I bought the tractor - had never been used. According to their website, Bush Hog owns Great Bend and GB loaders are still sold, including the model that I have. I'll probably go ahead and check with a hydraulic shop if I can't get anywhere with Bush Hog/Great Bend. Another one of those things that I thought would be a quick fix that is turning out not to be!

/ Great Bend Loader Bushings #6  
Behrend II said:
Thanks for the help guys. The loader was brand new when I bought the tractor - had never been used. According to their website, Bush Hog owns Great Bend and GB loaders are still sold, including the model that I have. I'll probably go ahead and check with a hydraulic shop if I can't get anywhere with Bush Hog/Great Bend. Another one of those things that I thought would be a quick fix that is turning out not to be!

Planert in Eau Claire is good for hydraulics.

If you need machine work done - avoid Tainter Machine at all costs. Been ripped off by them before.

jb

/ Great Bend Loader Bushings
Thanks for the tip John.

/ Great Bend Loader Bushings #8  
Try Messicks.They have parts diagrams online and are pretty good about having/getting the parts you need.