Grille Guard

/ Grille Guard #1  

PHPaul

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650 with cab, Pasquali 986
The "grille guard" that came with the loader on my new B2650 is a joke. It might help if something fell straight down off the loader, but not much, and any sticks/twigs/brush would go through it at will. I learned my lesson on that with my old JD, and it's an expensive lesson to learn.

g1.jpg

So I while I was in town this morning I bought a couple of sticks of 1/4" rod and a small sheet of expanded metal.

g2.jpg

The rod was heated and bent to fit inside the framework of the guard and then the expanded metal was trimmed to fit the outline of the rod and tacked to the rod.

g3.jpg

Then the rod-framed expanded metal was welded inside the guard frame.

g4.jpg

All the fab is done, now just need to prime, mask and re-paint.

/ Grille Guard #2  
Looks great. Maybe send it to Kubota's engineers and say "see how easy it is to get it right"

/ Grille Guard #3  
Looks good. I just welded the expanded metal directly to the stock grill guard.

/ Grille Guard
nb8.jpg

Aaron, That's what I did on the JD but the 'bota has so many angles and curves it would have been a huge PITA to get it right. The recessed approach went pretty smoothly.

/ Grille Guard
Looks great. Maybe send it to Kubota's engineers and say "see how easy it is to get it right"

That thought occurred to me. The original design is pretty useless.

Last edited:
   / Grille Guard #6  
That though occurred to me. The original design is pretty useless.

Nice guard Paul.

Don't bother with the Kubota engineer thing. I once modified the FEL latch pins with the addition of a spring which holds the latch pin in place all the time. I sent an email to Kubota with pictures explaining the modification. I also explained that I wasn't looking for anything in return. Just thought they might want to adapt something similar. I got an immediate response. It was a stern warning that any modification to the FEL frame and/or it's latch mechanism would void my warranty if problems occurred........

DSC07075.JPG DSC07076.JPG

/ Grille Guard
I got an immediate response. It was a stern warning that any modification to the FEL frame and/or it's latch mechanism would void my warranty if problems occurred........

Not surprised. Stinkin' liability lawyers...

/ Grille Guard #8  
Nice guard Paul.

Don't bother with the Kubota engineer thing. I once modified the FEL latch pins with the addition of a spring which holds the latch pin in place all the time. I sent an email to Kubota with pictures explaining the modification. I also explained that I wasn't looking for anything in return. Just thought they might want to adapt something similar. I got an immediate response. It was a stern warning that any modification to the FEL frame and/or it's latch mechanism would void my warranty if problems occurred........

View attachment 424408 View attachment 424409

Reminds me of the old saying --- "No good deed goes unpunished"!

MoKelly

/ Grille Guard #9  
   / Grille Guard #10