Grillo G110 lift kit

/ Grillo G110 lift kit #1  

Sevanje

Tractor
Grillo G110 gx390, Same Delfino 35, Belarus 09h, Motorsich MB9DE
Ever since I got my g110 ground clearance was a big issue. And something had to be done especially when cultivating already growing plants. So this monstrosity :confused3: was conceived with 4.5-19" wheels 130 mm spacers and 16kg stainless steel weights per wheel. Now it has 280 mm ground clearance. Yes it is 40% faster and all jumpy if you are not careful with the clutch, but it was worth all the work put in to it. But now that gearbox looks really small and fragile with those big wheels on, I wonder how long it will hold together.

20200507_152712.jpg

20200507_152620.jpg

Any thoughts? You guys are usually full of ideas.

/ Grillo G110 lift kit #2  
Very impressive setup! :thumbsup:
Trying to understand why ground clearance was an issue, are you tilling over the top of growing plants?
Not familiar with Grillo but they seem to be similar to BCS - built like a tank!

Enjoy :drink:

/ Grillo G110 lift kit #3  
That's pretty crazy looking. All of that stainless and/or aluminum gives it a unique look too. And those tall narrow wheels! Maybe you could make them dually and eliminate the weights and get more traction too!

/ Grillo G110 lift kit
Well thank you. For tilling 5-12 wheels are still best but for cultivating and weed control I use my 2 wheel tractor like a regular 4 wheel one, like in this picture cultivating potatoes:
20200508_111702.jpg
Similar setup is used for corn when it is still small and beans so I don't have to use chemical stuff to kill weeds.

I never thought about another set of wheels, that is a good idea, but I don't know how much stress can the aluminum housing take, I have never seen those tractors been used this way.

/ Grillo G110 lift kit #5  
Well thank you. For tilling 5-12 wheels are still best but for cultivating and weed control I use my 2 wheel tractor like a regular 4 wheel one, like in this picture cultivating potatoes. Similar setup is used for corn when it is still small and beans so I don't have to use chemical stuff to kill weeds.

Ah, now I get it, thanks for that.
We use corrugated cardboard between rows of corn and garlic. No weeds, worms love it and adds carbon to the soil when it is tilled in :thumbsup:

:drink:

/ Grillo G110 lift kit
Ah, now I get it, thanks for that.
We use corrugated cardboard between rows of corn and garlic. No weeds, worms love it and adds carbon to the soil when it is tilled in

Hmm that sounds really interesting never heard of that. Do you use regular cardboard like in a roll or can it be bought for that purpose?
Though we have strong winds where I live, how problematic would that be?

/ Grillo G110 lift kit #7  
Do you have the Bora to contend with? If you do you can put a few bricks on the cardboard or/and also some stakes to hold it down.

/ Grillo G110 lift kit
Do you have the Bora to contend with? If you do you can put a few bricks on the cardboard or/and also some stakes to hold it down.

Indeed, it is quite troublesome at times with its 180 km/h winds. Now I am intrigued how do you know about bora?

/ Grillo G110 lift kit #9  
Indeed, it is quite troublesome at times with its 180 km/h winds. Now I am intrigued how do you know about bora?

I went to school in Triest and it blows there like a banshee. Whereabouts are you in Slovenia? I Went to Lipica many many years ago.

/ Grillo G110 lift kit #10  
Hmm that sounds really interesting never heard of that. Do you use regular cardboard like in a roll or can it be bought for that purpose?
Though we have strong winds where I live, how problematic would that be?

Just large regular cardboard boxes sliced up. We use landscape cloth pins to hold it down but once it gets wet and 'wormy' it stays put.
We are in a steep sided valley, so we lose the sun early, the cardboard seems to help keep the ground warm. :confused3: