Grip Strut steps

/ Grip Strut steps #11  
My concern would be stepping DOWN onto the last step when you exit the tractor. It's gotta be stiff enough to hold and keep you from falling. Getting UP on that first step would be easy.

I've got bum knees ( RA ) and wiggly things make me nervous.

/ Grip Strut steps #12  
On my old M5030 cab tractor needed a better step. Used an existing mount and made custom 1/2” brackets to fit a bolt-in 8.5”x24” steel bar grate, galvanize industrial safety stair tread. McMaster or ZORO. Made entry and exit safer and helped having a platform for refueling. Very strong.
Maybe some bar/bracket off your skid plate?

/ Grip Strut steps #13  
The rubber strap ones are nice, however it is difficult to find rubber that is thick enough. Most large equipment manufactures use a rubber strap. The advantage of a rubber step is that it will fold easily when hitting an object parallel to the machine travel, yet not move perpendicular to machine travel as well, when you get on a tractor the force on the step is perpendicular to machine travel.

On my friends drill rig we have one that has 1" or larger cable going between the steps. It is stout and does not move much any direction. If using this type of step you need to make sure it is mounted very securely as it transfers quite a bit of force to the mounting. On the drill rig it is mounted to the drill platform and the drill platform is hinged off the back of the rig so there is no concern of damage.

A fold down step seems like a pain as it is one more thing to do before you get on or off the tractor. Leave it down on accident and it gets ripped off. Forget to fold it down after a long day and you might fall off the tractor.

/ Grip Strut steps
Been to two fabricators one said not interested, the other said we can cut the plates if you have a drawing, but not interested in making the frame work to hang it, wants a $100.00 a hour. So now trying to find some small shop. Too bad my helper got his regular job back, I'd build it myself. I made an offer to the kids in my neighborhood $15 hr and no interest.

/ Grip Strut steps #15  
Will these work? Deep Cable Truck Step | Buyers Products

bcs.JPG

Or the 2 step:

2 step.jpg