Gripe on Image Sizes

/ Gripe on Image Sizes #11  
And with the new version you can see all the pictures that were posted in the post, now in the other window by using the arrows on the keyboard or on the screen.

Last edited:
   / Gripe on Image Sizes #12  
I was dismayed when the image that I included with a recent post was so large I had to scroll my desk top (11 x 17") to view it.

/ Gripe on Image Sizes #14  
Of course they don't realize it, specially when it's so easy to simply upload the picture. That's why I mentioned if there was something on the forum that would do it automatically once the pictures are uploaded.

Otherwise, you'll keep seeing this big sized pictures. From me included.

People just want to quickly upload a picture and don't want to fuss around with any other programs to compress the size of the pictures.

/ Gripe on Image Sizes #15  
My iPad just told me I used up all my memory and offered a listing of my largest memory files to possibly delete. Turns out, all the pics a relative texts of her kids are like 6 megs each, for a tiny text picture!

/ Gripe on Image Sizes #16  

Attachments

• PXL_20210323_002018339.jpg
    PXL_20210323_002018339.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 76
   / Gripe on Image Sizes #17  
To be fair... that was a VERY large track hoe!!!! :ROFLMAO: he needed all 11 megs....

Ok I downloaded it (took forever....) and resized it here.... PS. it was 12 megs after download.... here it is @ 408 KB
I'd say its still 90% larger than it needs to be. At 2+mb, its big,

/ Gripe on Image Sizes #18  
I'd say its still 90% larger than it needs to be. At 2+mb, its big,
I see now it is listed at 2 megs.... but on my disk it's listed as 408 kb... strange?!?

This one showing file size of the above photo was listed as 7 kb...

{EDIT} looks like TBN is increasing the file sizes!?!?!

Attachments

• file size.jpg
    file size.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 56
   / Gripe on Image Sizes #19  
I always take photos at the highest resolution my camera can do, which allows for cropping to even small portions of the image and still get good res. Then - into Photoshop, reduce the size to (typically) 1024 wide, and save as .jpg to usually level 3, which is fairly high compression. File size is typically around 150k.

I also hate getting photos on email where the poster sends the whole 10Mb original!