?????? GROAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / ?????? GROAN #1,651  
I'm following/watching a lot more threads than that one but it is the only one marked like that.
Should show up in any that we 'subscribe' to by posting vs those we just visit & read. Gotta 'subscribe' that way to get alerts too. Red symbol replaces what used to be a green one by a thread's title.

/ ?????? GROAN #1,652  
B0B6D2E4-F9E4-4056-A3D7-36B0CB364134.png

/ ?????? GROAN #1,658  
I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer. The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.

My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing, and I said, "Nothing." The reason I said "nothing" instead of saying "just thinking" is because she then would have asked, "About what?" At that point I would have had to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics, which would lead to other questions.

Finally I pondered an age old question: Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts? Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts, but how could they know?

Well, after another beer, and some more heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with an answer to that question. Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby, and even though I obviously couldn't really know, here is the reason for my conclusion: A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child." But you never hear a guy say, "It might be nice to have another kick in the nuts."

I rest my case. Time for another beer. Then maybe a nap
This is one of the most proufound things I have ever read. What a statesman...

/ ?????? GROAN #1,660  
I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer. The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.

My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing, and I said, "Nothing." The reason I said "nothing" instead of saying "just thinking" is because she then would have asked, "About what?" At that point I would have had to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics, which would lead to other questions.

Finally I pondered an age old question: Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts? Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts, but how could they know?

Well, after another beer, and some more heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with an answer to that question. Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby, and even though I obviously couldn't really know, here is the reason for my conclusion: A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child." But you never hear a guy say, "It might be nice to have another kick in the nuts."

I rest my case. Time for another beer. Then maybe a nap
Reminds me of a scene from the old "Lassie" series that I'll never forget. Seems Grand pa called the local doctor on the old crank telephone. He rang "Central", and the operator, Jenny, answered. She asked him how he was, and he said "Fair to Midlin."

When the doctor answered, he asked him how he was, and he said "Fit as a fiddle!" After he hung up, the Mother asked him, "Dad, why were you 'Fair to Midlin' to Jenny, and "Fit as a fiddle to the doc?"
He said "If I had told Jenny I was fit as a fiddle, she would have told everybody I had been drinking. If I had told Doc I was fair to midlin, he would have thought I was sick and wanted me to come in".

Status
Not open for further replies.