GT275 Fuel Delivery Problem

/ GT275 Fuel Delivery Problem #1  

snpower

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere GT235, GT 275, 1025R
Picked up a home maintenance kit today and in the process of changing the fuel filter I noticed the line was quite compromised. Headed to Fisher auto and got a replacement length of 5/16” hose. After installation the engine fired, ran for maybe 30 seconds and died. I have been unable to start it since. The filter has fuel in it, and I have checked the new line for blockages as well as the filler tube going into the tank. The last thing I did was fill a water bottle with gas, and sit it on top of the frame - level or slightly higher than the filter. The engine fired up, and ran until the fuel was consumed.

I have noticed that the engine does take longer to start; I hope I don’t need a new pump but maybe it just coincidentally died. Looking for ideas gents!

/ GT275 Fuel Delivery Problem #2  
You can drop a line into your supply can and see if you have good feed. But, you should have 1/4 fuel line.....

/ GT275 Fuel Delivery Problem
Interesting. I told the guy behind the counter I needed 1/4 but he "measured" and said 5/16. I exchanged what I had for the 1/4 this morning and the engine is running.