GT275 Issue

/ GT275 Issue #1  

snpower

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere GT235, GT 275, 1025R
After 15 or so minutes of use the PTO disengages. I re-engage, and after 30 seconds to a minute the engine dies. It will restart but any attempt to drive forward, backwards, or to engage the PTO results in the engine dying. After waiting a period of time, it will start and I can engage the PTO. However, the machine will only crawl forward at a very low speed and it will not move at all in reverse even though I hear the hydro static whine. Hydro dipstick indicates a proper fill level.

Last edited:
   / GT275 Issue
Upon further investigation the transmission release lever (improper term probably) does not want to move very far when I tug on it. After pushing the machine forward a bit the lever does release and travel speed is restored. I probably need to take off the right rear wheel and determine why that lever seems to want to bind up?

/ GT275 Issue #3  
Upon further investigation the transmission release lever (improper term probably) does not want to move very far when I tug on it. After pushing the machine forward a bit the lever does release and travel speed is restored. I probably need to take off the right rear wheel and determine why that lever seems to want to bind up?
Let us know what you find out. tks

/ GT275 Issue #4  
Seems seat switchish. Or possibly debris / something funky @ the reverse sensing switch at the transaxle.

/ GT275 Issue
Seems seat switchish. Or possibly debris / something funky @ the reverse sensing switch at the transaxle.
I did bypass the seat switch, as I was thinking the same thing...