Gun Control: This speaks for itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Gun Control: This speaks for itself #21  
Cars kill as many people as guns. The politicians can't even control drunk drivers with multiple convictions. Lets do away with cars, this will do wonders for air quality, Yada Yada Yada.

One my favorite sayings "there is nothing common about having sense" seems to be more true every day.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself
These are all the responses I expected making the post. I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old (and a 4 year old) and reading the story made my stomach turn. I can't see how allowing children access to guns can even be debated. The outcome of this was obvious. Marketing guns to children seems as bad as marketing cigarettes to children, but that's probably OK by some of you guys to.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #23  
Mr brin from Georgia, check out peoples location right under their avatar. Neither MIB or I live in the States or have any ulterior political motives.

I just did....and I am curious why you Canadians would be taking a stand on such a controversial topic in the US when you are not citizens here...You two have no skin in the game...you don't live here ~ You have already forfeited your freedom to own firearms...for the most part...What do they let you boys still own a long gun...? I have never been so presumptuous as to post regarding a controversial Canadian political situation but maybe I will start...Why stir our pot ? That is what Trolls do.....:confused3:

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #24  
Yes, it speaks that an adult left a loaded firearm unsupervised in a house with a 5 and 2 year old and a horrible tragedy happened.

I've also seen many stories about small kids running their siblings over with cars and the keys weren't even in some of them. Lets control car keys and cars.

And tragic back yard drowning deaths in 5 gallon buckets. Lets control buckets.

And dogs of all sizes and breeds mauling children, so lets control dogs.

And kids getting crushed by large TVs falling on them, so lets control large TVs.

This has absolutely nothing to do with gun control (and I favor background checks for all firearms sales and transfers). Its just a horrible, horrible tragedy that a family is going to have to live with for the rest of their lives. Every day in this country children are injured and/or killed in terrible household accidents that could be prevented with a little common sense and safety practices. This is not an incident to further one's agenda for gun control. Just my 2 cents.
I agree. This has NOTHING to do with gun control and EVERYTHING to do with irresponsible parents.

As I see it, there were at least three violations of commonsense gun safety rules on the part of the parents:
1. The 5 year old had unsupervised access to a firearm
2. The 5 year old thinks that a gun is a toy
3. The gun is not a home defense gun yet it was brought inside while loaded
How would "gun control" have help any of these problems?

From the NRS's Eddie Eagle GunSafe program:
http://eddieeagle.nra.org/ said:
If you see a gun:
STOP!
Don't Touch.
Leave the Area.
Tell an Adult.

Aaron Z

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #25  
Mr brin from Georgia, check out peoples location right under their avatar. Neither MIB or I live in the States or have any ulterior political motives.

Then with all due respect do you keep bringing up gun control in a country in which you don't live. As to post #17 familiarize yourself with the Heller and McDonald decisions in which some of these issues have already been dealt with.

Old McDonald who is from another country and he posted a very good comment on people from other countries getting involved in the laws of different countries that don't affect them.

Canada and the US are similar in ways and very dissimilar in others, Canada doesn't have a 2nd Amendment and the US does, so laws that are popular and accepted there are not here. I don't know why this keeps getting brought up as all of this is plowed ground many times over.

I am going to one of farms and spend a little time doing farm stuff, I will check back later, whether I have anything else to add is another thing.

I just did....and I am curious why you Canadians would be taking a stand on such a controversial topic in the US when you are not citizens here...You two have no skin in the game...you don't live here ~ You have already forfeited your freedom to own firearms...for the most part...What do they let you boys still own a long gun...? I have never been so presumptuous as to post regarding a controversial Canadian political situation but maybe I will start...Why stir our pot ? That is what Trolls do.....:confused3:

Gun control is a controversial topic on both sides of the boarder. Regardless of what guns you are allowed to own, gun control should prevent children from owning guns and require safe storage of guns. I agree, this is mostly a parenting issue, but the laws set the situation up in the first place.

Then with all due respect do you keep bringing up gun control in a country in which you don't live.

RRR, you and I have both had it out over the subject over the years. I stopped commenting on the subject until a thread was posted about the long gun registry in Canada, a thread in which you also took part even though it had nothing to do with the country in which you live. I welcome your thoughts.

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #28  
To some, gun control means no one has guns except for criminals!

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #29  
No matter how many laws you want us to pass, there will always be stupid irresponsible parents.

No one should have to be told to protect their kids or to keep guns out of the reach of children that haven't been educated in the risks of firearms.

How about we outlaw hockey, eh? ;-)

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Gun Control: This speaks for itself #30  
Look. I don't think stupid people should vote. But it is their right. And I'm not willing to give up my right to stop them.

The people in this story are obviously not capable or responsible gun owners. But the bubble wrapping of society must stop. This is an unfortunate example of Darwinism. I just wish the stupid parents paid the price. Not the poor children. Sad

Status
Not open for further replies.