"Hair" on 13.2X28 Ag tires

/ "Hair" on 13.2X28 Ag tires
The tires turned out to be 13.6-28. I dragged them home but after standing one up next to the 8N 11.2-28 tire decided that to spend the $$$ to get a new 11.2-28 tire. I will have one brand new and one very old tire on the tractor but they will be the same spec.
All I do is bush hog about 5 acres a couple times a year... But it is almost all on a 10 degree hill and up to 15 degrees in one spot. (Lots of ground hog holes too.) I go across the hill because the tractor struggles to go up the hill directly. Barely makes it diagonally while running the bush hot in 1st gear. Raising the bush hog lets me go directly up but the font end wants to float. (I know, weights.... ). I figured the larger tires would not let me run directly up the hill and may not let me go slow enough even in 1st gear given how thick the brush is and the ground hog holes.
My next head scratcher is: Do I fill the tire with windshield washer fluid or do I run it with just air. I dislike the CaCl. I figure the bush hog weighs around 500 lbs. My main worry is that the unfilled tire could "bounce" while on the high side while crossing the hill and the tractor could tip. So far it has felt very solid in 2nd gear. This is an 8 N and I could "spread" the wheels but then they would be outside the bush hog deck width and won't fit in my car garage where I keep it. Well, I have a week or two to make the choice while the shop mounts the tire and new inner tube.

Oh, I did bring the 3 tires home. The three 13.6-28 tires are up for grabs for free but you have to pick them up in Maryland. If I don't get any takers I will set them up as a back stop for a small caliber shooting area at the bottom of my hill.
And BTW, I was not going to burn off anything - I was planning to use shoe repair or some kind of vulcanizing rubber on the bead. Turns out the tire I took off the tractor had a metal cable inside the bead.
Pictures and CL ad here: 13.6-28 tractor tires - Free - farm & garden - by owner - sale

/ "Hair" on 13.2X28 Ag tires #23  
The tires turned out to be 13.6-28. I dragged them home but after standing one up next to the 8N 11.2-28 tire decided that to spend the $$$ to get a new 11.2-28 tire. I will have one brand new and one very old tire on the tractor but they will be the same spec.
All I do is bush hog about 5 acres a couple times a year... But it is almost all on a 10 degree hill and up to 15 degrees in one spot. (Lots of ground hog holes too.) I go across the hill because the tractor struggles to go up the hill directly. Barely makes it diagonally while running the bush hot in 1st gear. Raising the bush hog lets me go directly up but the font end wants to float. (I know, weights.... ). I figured the larger tires would not let me run directly up the hill and may not let me go slow enough even in 1st gear given how thick the brush is and the ground hog holes.
My next head scratcher is: Do I fill the tire with windshield washer fluid or do I run it with just air. I dislike the CaCl. I figure the bush hog weighs around 500 lbs. My main worry is that the unfilled tire could "bounce" while on the high side while crossing the hill and the tractor could tip. So far it has felt very solid in 2nd gear. This is an 8 N and I could "spread" the wheels but then they would be outside the bush hog deck width and won't fit in my car garage where I keep it. Well, I have a week or two to make the choice while the shop mounts the tire and new inner tube.

Windshield washer fluid works great for ballast!
Absolutely.....DO NOT use CaCl, unless you want to buy new rims also!

/ "Hair" on 13.2X28 Ag tires #24  
Those 8ns have a 4 speed transmission (when it comes to doing work):

1. Too Fast
  2. Way Too Fast
  3. You've Got to be Kidding
  4. WTF

Those 8ns have a 4 speed transmission (when it comes to doing work):

1. Too Fast
  2. Way Too Fast
  3. You've Got to be Kidding
  4. WTF

LOL. My steering gear box has a lot of slop. In 4th at full RPM the front wheels dance. I tried bush hogging in 3rd while going across a 10 degree hill until I hit a bump... after doing a handstand on the steering wheel and managing to turn it down hill while doing so I swore off 3rd. The only time 3rd or 4th get used is as a brake when the engine is off in the flat garage.

/ "Hair" on 13.2X28 Ag tires #26  
I know what you mean by "Dance"... trying to stabilize the linkage at the steering box with your foot doesn't work, and is an even worse idea than it sounds. Don't ask me how I know that. :eek:

Based on some of the comments since you've started this thread, a lot of people aren't aware that it's an 8N and doesn't have tubeless tires.

Final update on this. After realizing these were 6" bigger than my regular tires and that the tractor is likely to struggle going up a 10–15-degree hill while mowing, I offered them free in Craigslist. A gentleman who restores old machines got them and will use them on his latest project. I bought a new tire for the right.
Then I discoverd the calcium fluid leaked in the left tube and ate a hole in the valve stem and a big hole in rim, so I bought a new tube and rim and had the old right tire re-mounted on that. No fluid in the tires now. I am going to try it this way and hope the 6' Woods bush hog is sufficient weight. If I use the blade attachment I will put old truck rotors on the implement. At least that is the plan. Windshield washer fluid may be in my future.