Halloween

/ Halloween #1  

Alan W.

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3650 & Bobcat 763G & Craftsman DGS6500
Getting ready for the Trunk or Treat at church this weekend.
We make 100 bags and have few left.
It gives the kids a safe place to go and a major score due to other members also participating.
I set up myself an assembly line. Candy is sorted by type and or size. Then I calculate how many pieces of each type per bag and place that number on a post it note. The four of us can then do this in about 15 minutes.
Yes I am on a sugar high this morn. Love candy. Thankfully my health allows me this indulgence.
I plan on having hotdogs and drinks to hand out also. Most parents have to start out with their kids as soon as they get home from work so they are usually hungry.

IMG_4438.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4438.JPG
    IMG_4438.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
   / Halloween #2  
Until last year, a lady friend lived in an area of town that was fairly affluent, and was known to trick or treaters as a prime area to visit.
Halloween of 2019, we counted the pices of candy we had on hand before the horde descended on the neighborhood. We were tapped out 30 minutes before the official end of trick or treating. That was over 1100 pieces of candy, with only one per customer.

/ Halloween
Until last year, a lady friend lived in an area of town that was fairly affluent, and was known to trick or treaters as a prime area to visit.
Halloween of 2019, we counted the pices of candy we had on hand before the horde descended on the neighborhood. We were tapped out 30 minutes before the official end of trick or treating. That was over 1100 pieces of candy, with only one per customer.

Other than a friend or two we have never had any trick or treaters since we moved here in 85. The other neighbors do but not us.
Ive even decorated and had lights on.
More for me.

/ Halloween
I am afraid it will still be raining tonight when the kids are out.

/ Halloween #6  
I've been out here for forty years now. Not even one trick or treater in all that time. I'm just pretty remote. Plus - mile long driveway and two gates.

I get a knock on my door - it's pitch black outside. I ask - who is it? - as I reach for the 12 gauge. I HAVE had this happen. It WAS NOT a trick or treater ................

I chuckle - you are one organized dude, there - Alan.

/ Halloween #7  
We have one trick or treater, my neighbors kid.
We had a party, and I decorate every year.
People ask me why no trick or treaters, I tell them most kids can't afford to uber over :cool:

/ Halloween
I've been out here for forty years now. Not even one trick or treater in all that time. I'm just pretty remote. Plus - mile long driveway and two gates.

I get a knock on my door - it's pitch black outside. I ask - who is it? - as I reach for the 12 gauge. I HAVE had this happen. It WAS NOT a trick or treater ................

I chuckle - you are one organized dude, there - Alan.

Thanks, my wife says I have issues. But there is an art to everything we do.

/ Halloween
This year’s Halloween is going to be very special. This October, my 6-year-old son will do trick or treating for the first time in his life. He’s so eager about it!

I remember taking my son out for his first time. Hope you have a great and safe time.
And Welcome to the site.

/ Halloween #10  
I get a costco bag of candy every halloween, never since 1996 have we had any kids here. But i get a nice bag of candy.