Happy BIRD-day!

/ Happy BIRD-day! #62  
One more thing for everyone who attended: Bird's daughter, Kristy, misplaced her car keys and some others on the ring. It's a standard wireless key ring with a car key and several door keys, including a yellow ring on one key. Please look through your stuff to see if you may have accidentily picked up her keys.

There are many things in this old world that are beyond Bird's comprehension, but one of them is people who lay their keys down somewhere instead of putting them in their pocket or purse.:D Another is not having at least two keys in case one is lost.:D

This time it was Kristy's husband who laid the keys down, then a young lady thought they were hers and picked them up and put them in her purse.:rolleyes: So the good news is that the keys have been found and recovered this afternoon. The bad news is that it was after the expense of a wrecker towing the car from Denton to Irving and the price of a new key from the dealer.:rolleyes: The other good news is that they'll now have two keys.:rolleyes: An expensive lesson, but one I'll bet won't be soon forgotten.:D

/ Happy BIRD-day!
So the good news is that the keys have been found and recovered this afternoon. The bad news is that it was after the expense of a wrecker towing the car from Denton to Irving and the price of a new key from the dealer.:rolleyes: The other good news is that they'll now have two keys.:rolleyes: An expensive lesson, but one I'll bet won't be soon forgotten.:D

Bird, hindsight being 20-20, Kristy probably could have waited until the keys were found. But who knew? I'm glad she at least found them. When you lose keys, you always worry about them falling into the hands of someone who knows who they belong to and are up to no good. At least she can feel safe and not worry about changing any locks. It was still a hassle, and I'm sorry she had to have it happen to her.:(

BTW: I think everyone should know that your daughters put together a great party with full decorations and a full meal for all the guests. As a guest, it all appeared seamless, which speaks to what a great job they did. My little bit of help was mostly performed while seated in front of my computer. I know Holly appreciates it, but by comparison, it was nuthin'. Everyone should thank Holly and Kristy, daughters you can be very proud of. :)

/ Happy BIRD-day! #64  
Happy Happy Joy Joy Bird. And many, many more. The picture of you and "The Usual Suspect" is a good one. The bobble head is uncany. Did you pose for the original statue mold? :D

/ Happy BIRD-day! #65  
Yep, Jim, it would have been nice if they'd waited, but no one knew that at the time. I let them take my little Ranger home that night. Of course Gary has an old F150 so they weren't without transportation, but I guess we all suspected the keys had gone into one of garbage cans and would never be seen again.

And yeah, we're proud of the girls; they're pretty good kids.:D Still kids to me even if Kristy did turn 44 yesterday and Holly will be 41 next month.:D

/ Happy BIRD-day! #66  
1*There are many things in this old world that are beyond Bird's comprehension, but one of them is people who lay their keys down somewhere instead of putting them in their pocket or purse.:D 2*Another is not having at least two keys in case one is lost.:D
1*Same with me.
2*I keep a set of keys on a key ring in my right front pants pocket .This is the only thing i carry in that pocket .
I keep another set in my bill fold .My wife keeps another 2 sets in her purse .We also keep a duplicate of every key we own in a small box in the house.We also hide a spare house key in an out building that is locked with a combination look .

2*

/ Happy BIRD-day! #67  
Happy #70 Bird and wishes for many more!
Dave

/ Happy BIRD-day! #68  
Bird, we had a great time. Please tell Holly thanks for inviting us and that she did a great job. You are lucky to have a daughter that thinks so much of you.

Don, glad to hear you guys' crazy experience didn't turn into a tragedy and that y'all are alright. I've called in an 18 wheeler that was all over the place but was unable to get the Elgin PD to respond quickly enough at 6 am in the morning.

It was good seeing old tractor buddies and their wives and meeting new tractor buddies and their wives.

My wife was feeling sorta queezy all day and she had a very rough Sat. night. She didn't eat much at the party.

Just remember folks, "THE BIRD IS THE WORD"

/ Happy BIRD-day! #69  
Kyle, sorry to hear that Elizabeth has been sick. Apparently there's some kind of weird stomach virus or such going around. I don't know whether it's contagious or what. You know our former next door neighbor, Lisa, was there with their little girl, Elise. A couple of days before Saturday, Elise, was sick, then Lisa's husband, Jeff, didn't come Saturday because he was sick. Then Sunday Lisa had it. Today I guess Holly has it. Another of our old neighbors from 20 years ago, and plumb on the other side of Dallas, intended to come Saturday, but didn't make it because she was sick. So far, it seems that nearly everyone gets over it in a day or day and a half. So far Margaret and I haven't gotten it and hope we'll miss our turn this time.

And we had so much food left over Saturday that we've eaten nothing but those left overs yesterday and today, so it couldn't have been the food.:D That caterer does make some good barbecue.

/ Happy BIRD-day! #70  
I hope I miss my turn too. My 2 year old had it Thursday night. Wife Saturday night. 4 year old just threw up so I guess she has it tonight...:(