Happy birthday, have a new CT335

/ Happy birthday, have a new CT335 #1  

demoman357

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335, Case 480C
Oh yes, happy joy, wahooo!

Words alone cannot adequately describe the feeling you have when your first brand new tractor arrives. The anticipation, the telephone calls, the laying in bed reading the brochure. Then the day is upon you. The clock ticks, a car comes down the road, could it be? The sun is high at noon and flashbacks to being seven at Christmas inexplicably enter my head. Another vehicle sound nearing, is it, is it oh my, yes it is.

The machine appears like a shiny bright statue upon a trailer. The neighbor boy approaches close to the new wonder. Back away, I say. It is mine!

Oh look, it still has those tiny rubber nubs on the tires. The loader bucket glistens without any scratches. White and orange and black, hurry, unchain the beast. Allow it to dismount the confining trailer and prance in the field like a new colt. Nay, not a colt, but a powerful stallion. Go forth, the land awaits you. Dominate it with your strong hydraulics.

Wait for me! Let me sit upon the new deeply cushioned throne of horsepower. Oh the luxury of tilt-wheel. The sun reflecting from the white hood is too much. I must get sunglasses to enhance the cool factor. I peer out to my peers, looking upon me with admiration, envy, and yes, maybe even jealousy

They cheer me on, 都tart the engine let it roar. Four wheel drive shall master the mud. Ride the machine into the sunset of this glorious day. Look at him, he is king! And by the way, Happy Birthday son.

/ Happy birthday, have a new CT335 #2  
I'll have to let my wife read that! She thinks I'm weird and just doesn't get why men get excited about silly things! :) :) :)

Last edited:
   / Happy birthday, have a new CT335 #3  
did you break a bottle of champange on it also?

/ Happy birthday, have a new CT335
Just a little fun with an otherwise useless college degree.

dfeck - I am not sure what you mean, your wife does not understand you and writes you off as wierd -or- you ARE wierd and she does not understand that.:)

powergod - Why didn't I think of that. Nope, after a good measure of lubricants, we hit the field for, er, field trials. Got good and dirty. The cottenwoods are shedding now and the stuff hets in all the wrong places on the tractor. I do not own a camera or otherwise I woould have posted some pictures. I am going to go get one today.:cool:

/ Happy birthday, have a new CT335 #5  
Just a little fun with an otherwise useless college degree.

dfeck - I am not sure what you mean, your wife does not understand you and writes you off as wierd -or- you ARE wierd and she does not understand that.:)

powergod - Why didn't I think of that. Nope, after a good measure of lubricants, we hit the field for, er, field trials. Got good and dirty. The cottenwoods are shedding now and the stuff hets in all the wrong places on the tractor. I do not own a camera or otherwise I woould have posted some pictures. I am going to go get one today.:cool:

She thinks I weird because I get so giddy about things like tractors, cars, etc. She just doesn't get why men get so excited about things like that! :)

/ Happy birthday, have a new CT335
I probably would not get all giddy over something like a shoe sale, or a new type of window covering treatment system. As long as men and women accept the fact that we ARE diferent in many ways, both biological and social, we can allow those diferences to be ok because we do not need to change anything.

My wife and I are perhaps atypical, but when she shows me her new fabric that she just found at Wallymart, I choose to support here enthusiasm even if I am totally bored by the cloth. She may not do the same for me when I say things like "want to see the new turbo charger cowling combination hood scoop modification I made for the riding lawn mower". But I know that she understands my happiness.

What she may say is "your wierd". :D

/ Happy birthday, have a new CT335 #7  
Happy Birthday - Your enthusiasm is contagious. Congratulations on the new machine. Just remember - It's never too late to have a great childhood - enjoy.